Wednesday, April 06, 2022

Daily Notes- Wednesday, April 6th--- Sunshine with a side of Frost.


 We may have had this image before.  But...maybe not.  I can see my sweater looking like this in a few more years.  Adding denim cuffs to the ragged sleeve edges is a fresh (to me) idea). And the denim edging along the collar. Patched pockets.  Pockets are always a very good thing to have.  Place for the hankie.

Good Good ideas.

Yesterday worked out okay.  The local property taxes are paid.  I still have to sign and get the income taxes into envelopes.  Etc etc.  I think I have to write a check.  Owe money. Sigh.  Procrastinating. 

At Town Office I got to listen while a very confused old man (much younger than me) was trying to pay for tax tags for his various boats, trailers, cars, trucks and ...I lost track of the other stuff.  The woman taking care of all this was super patient.  I would have just motioned for him to hand over the fist full of paper he was shuffling..... and then shut up.  I would have smiled (unconvincingly).  Customer Service used to be my job...till I got fired.

One of the books I reserved by an author I liked...was about Vampires.  I know women get all excited by Vampires but...not me.  I tried...but it's such bullshit.  Why are Vampires always so very very rich?????  And who thinks shiny red eyes make a 6 foot 8 inch tall ripped guy handsome???? Like the money makes you forget they are Vampires????? Next book was shapeshifters and a woman with two souls.  One character lived in a bowling ball bag.  Just a head...no body.  Author wrote a rom com I loved. I am guessing she only wrote the one.

I moved on to another Crusie book.  Woman gets mugged.  Cop comes to help her- not in uniform (he's a detective) so our girl bashes him in the head.  A couple times. She's got some heavy textbooks in her bag.  He's pretty unhappy about meeting her. Title is Getting Rid of Bradley.  Two Bradleys--- right now one is her freshly divorced husband and the other has stolen money from a bank.  A case of mistaken identity. I've read this before....years ago.  Library bought a fresh new copy of the book- fools me every time..   Better than Vampires. Crusie guys are very exciting.

No comments: