Saturday, April 09, 2022

Daily Notes- Saturday, April 9th. Cloudy with a significant chance for RAIN.


 A second set of painted paper houses.  Won't be long before I am painting and pasting. Building a little neighborhood.

The street is quiet.  The Twins must be away on vacation.  Spring Break for Elementary School.  I think they go to Florida.  Visit a retirement community.  Grandfather.  Near Disney.  Otherwise they would be racing their electric cars up and down the street.

Outbreaks here in Maine of the new Omicron variant.  Masks no longer mandatory.  Early day visits to grocery and library- everyone is masked.  It's like my little Town is a raft in an Ocean of Possible Infection.

 I read a very strange Crusie book.  Maybe This Time.  Old house, ghosts, ex husband etc. Southern Ohio.  And they just want to get back to the "Big City" of Columbus, Ohio.  Which makes me roll on the floor laughing.  And I think about references to Cleveland...and gosh what a hoot.  What person in their right mind wants to be in Columbus, Ohio??? 40 years ago. But I can fantasize having an ex husband I can just call and say "I need internet, new phone line, two laptops, new stove......NOW" and the stuff arrives the next day.  Fiction.  Easy enough in Fiction.  And of course he sends the perfect stuff. Sigh.  But then he can't do much (or anything) about the murdering ghosts.

So today..another Crusie- Fast Women (the cups with feet and the detectives).  Getting Rid of Bradley was pretty darn wonderful.  The police were called so very many times.......... shots fired, explosions, etc etc. Would have made a very funny Hallmark Movie.  

I have to turn on lights.  Dark in here. 

No comments: