Sunday, April 10, 2022

Daily Notes- Sunday, April 10th. No Coat Needed Weather.


 What If.......we could have made maps like this- with colored scraps of paper- in Elementary School back in the 1950's???  Instead of having to make exactly the same thing as the other 39 members of our class?

We were taught to comply.  By the 1960's we had burned the building down, so to speak. 

Ten Years and the Pill.  That's all it took ..... oh, and a War.  And Drugs.  So...a lot changed.

In my tiny World.....college.  We went from stockings and a skirt required for dining in the cafeteria to going down in your pajamas to eat (don't even bother to comb your hair).  From bed checks to make sure we were all in the dorm by 10pm...to walking in and out at all hours....... no one cared where we were.  What we were doing.  1968.  Burn It All Down.

That's what this little World made of colored paper makes me consider. Before and After.

Life changes.  Time changes.  We change.  Was Life in the 50's & 60's more "sameness"?  Other than Elvis. And Rock and Roll.  My little radio playing in the basement while I toiled in servitude and ironed and ironed and ironed.  It felt like I ironed or went to school.  Period.  Oh...I was also solely responsible for washing dishes and if I got home late- not having any supper..  My two brothers?  Never. Never, Never. 

College was actually a get out of jail card. For me.  I just wish I had used the card wisely. Didn't.

No comments: