Tuesday, November 09, 2021

Daily Notes- November 9th. It's raining leaves today.


 Large and in my face.  I applied a stick on dust cloth to my handle thing and dusted the hallway and the kitchen dining room.  Then I squirted a bleach cleaning product- that I use to remove color from cloth--to the sink and scrubbed like no one had ever cleaned the sink before.  It looks as clean as a 1986 stainless sink can look.  House built that year- I moved in in December of 1991. Third owner. Built to last forever. 

The electric stove is hopeless. No amount of "elbow grease" can get it completely clean.  So, it gets a thoughtful and caring wipe down every so often. The Football Pizza baking is so high heat it burns up any crusty bits.  The pizza stone stays in the oven 24//365

I sewed a few bits of scrap fabric to 9 little rectangles in the past few days.  Would make decent bookmarks. But right now my bookmark is a 10 inch strip of painted white cotton.  I painted it.  It's really lovely. Faded blues with some yellow.  Looks old, worn out but it's just new cloth painted.  

My Master Gardner Classmate attended Wallace's funeral service.  Endless stories were told.  Wallace is leaving a large hole in the Space Time Continuum.  My friend told me all the stories over the phone.  Each person who knew Wallace knew a different Wallace.  That was clear from hearing the stories.  My Wallace was quiet, unsure, easily made uncomfortable but with a sly, edgy scene of humor.. We had quiet conversation about plants.  His partner/husband and I had loud laugh filled conversations that made Wallace uncomfortable.  After his husband died, Wallace didn't know what to do with me.  So...we ended up smiling, asking how each was doing and letting that be enough.  Both missing his husband. And the loud surprise of his laughter.

My Classmate invited me to go to a restaurant with her- she listed several she had been to lately.  I regretfully declined.  She got upset.  And well....she's had COVID twice.  It's enough I went to her house and ate soup.  And another time ate pizza out on her deck. And sat out on my back deck in 25 degree freezing cold to have a one hour chat. We had large cups of steaming sweet tea. I am not eating in a restaurant with everyone not wearing a mask.  Not in Maine where people refuse to get a shot and refuse to wear a mask.  We are 70% vaccinated in the entire State.  But in my Town that seems like wishful thinking. And the unmasked are such ASSHOLES.  They smirk and walk close.  I don't provide anything back to them.  I disappoint.  All they get from me is a dead on stare.  My store has a sign that all must be masked. But they do nothing to uphold that mandate.

No comments: