Sunday, November 21, 2021

Daily Notes- November 21st- Chilly and Damp--


 So.....Thanksgiving Week.  Pie Baking.  I still need to buy a few items for the meal on Thursday. And I really want to have some potatoes handy for a vegetable soup.  And a small cabbage.  The cabbages here in Maine are enormous.  Way too large for just me. Daughter suggests I buy a bag of coleslaw mix.  And baking potatoes.  So many commercials for sour cream topped baked potatoes.  Now I want one.

Daughter will not be eating with us on Thursday.  She's on this Leaky Gut diet and the only seasoning she is allowed is garlic so she is having quite a bit.  I don't like the odor.  So she will eat at home.  It's fine.

I watched tv most of yesterday.  The day before I sorted and carried cloth back to the Small Sewing Room Closet.  The day before I stitched an additional border all around a small square cloth- now it's about 8 inches square.  A good potholder but a bit too fancy.  No one would use it if I gave it to them finished.

I enjoyed the hand sewing.  There are a few more 4 inch and 6 inch square projects here.  None that could be combined.  So, I can add additional borders.  Or an appliqué.  Just to keep busy.  

I haven't been reading. I think the book I started is not actually something I want to read.  Posh Brit Rom Com.  Gets a bit tedious with the pub, clothes buying, job worries, parents wanting the girls to marry, and good guys tossed because they don't make good money or live in a good neighborhood. The good guy in this book lives in a "tip" which I guess we Americans would call a dump.  I need to just return it to the library and move on.  Another book- a reread- isn't making me feel like I want to read it either.

During my viewing of Holiday Rom Com's on TV, many commercials.  One, especially got me texting with my son.  Woman making dinner with baby strapped to her chest and baby spits up into her blouse. My son was a champ at spitting up ALL OVER his mom. So we had a tiny (text) chat.  And a laugh.

I watched the Bookstore Christmas Movie.  As usual, it was really really lovely.  I usually watch it 3 or 4 times during the Holidays.  TiVo keeps it for me.  When the Magic Christmas Shoes movie records, I plan on keeping that one as well.  And hopefully, there will be a new (to me) movie to keep in the TiVo vault for December watching.  The new movies haven't been very good so far so I am now recording older 2013- 2016 movies. Less flash and more grit. The Toy Store movie was pretty decent. These are not the titles just the plot lines. I'll mention I'm watching the Magic Shoes and enough said.......

1 comment:

beverly said...

That could be you sitting on the ledge