Friday, November 12, 2021

Daily Notes- Friday November 12th. It's Raining...It's Pouring!!!!


 I read Hazel Monte's blog  Handstories.typepad.com every day.   I love the little pictures (stories) she creates in cloth scraps.  And then adds personality with thread.  Her Moons and Little Boats sail away in my imagination. this digital magazine contains an interview with Hazel.

It's Raining and it's Pouring outside today.  We were supposed to also suffer thru high winds and power losses.  I was not wanting that.  Never a good thing as Maine Power is iffy at the Best of Times.  Hardly any lines are underground.  And tree branch trimming is done by the lowest possible bidder- with the least amount of thought or skill.  Winter is not a happy time.  Thanksgiving Day is PRIME for a power outage.

I have started the day with a very long conversation about relatives with daughter.  Then a shower. Then breakfast which I might have to call "Brunch" as it was colliding with the lunch hour.  It was still just oatmeal.  And now it's nearly 1pm.  The Sports Guys don't get going until 2 pm.  

Husband caught another mouse.  I had seen mouse droppings nearby days ago. Mentioned them. Could have been in the house all along.  Just not getting caught in a trap until last night. Or there is an entry point we don't know about.  He was caught where the second mouse got caught alive.  Husband says he won't tell me about them if I am going to be upset.  But I'd rather know it's been caught and dead. This one was dead.

My book for today- with the rain- is a YA-- To all the boys I've loved before.  by Jenny Han. I haven't started it yet so no idea if it's good or not. I girl writes letters to all her old boyfriends- private letters she never intends to send.  She pours out her heart. They accidentally get mailed. The book I am going to read is about what happens after the letters are received by the boys she has loved.

I'll let you know what I think of the book.

Last night I watched a Hallmark Movie on Lifetime.  I am puzzled.  Do they make the movies twice?  Once very strict, no kissing no touching, no sexy and then...as sort of an "out take"- all touchy and sexy for Lifetime? this one is about a guy who turns his house into a Gingerbread House for the Holidays.  I've seen this guy on Hallmark-- Travis Winkle something.  He acts like women's lips have cooties.  In this movie on Lifetime, he was finding it difficult to keep his mouth/hands off the girl.  Seriously seductive behavior and the girl was pushing him away.  Which is totally expected on Lifetime which dotes on serial killers and rapists.

Quite a few of my favorite Christmas Movies are on Lifetime.  And ALL have Hallmark actors and actresses. And all are seriously weird and very sexy.  I also watched two Hallmark movies on Hallmark and such awkward-ness.   Was painful.




1 comment:

Nancy said...

Came over from Grace's and this post of yours made me think of Dee's (https://deemallon.com/) post last year on Holiday Movies...it was so well written and so darn true, that she got me totally hooked on those things for the 2020 pandemic season! I think I watched all of 'em 😉
As far as actors, the PBS "murder shows" my boyfriend and I love to watch do that too, just trade actors between all of the shows. It always feels so odd after seeing someone in a role for so long, seeing them pop up in a different character.
Great looking outfit, if I owned a different body to go with it. Ha.