Monday, November 29, 2021

Daily Notes- November 29th. Sunshine, ice on the sidewalks.


 Not my birthday yesterday- husband's.  

Football Pizza and I had no pizza cheese--which surprised the hell out of me after all these months and even years of Football  Pizza..  So I had to go out to the grocery to buy cheese and everyone must have been coming home on Sunday from Thanksgiving Family Trips or had run out of FOOD so the store was crowded. 

Got home and no pizza sauce in fridge.....I was sort of speechless at that point but did find a bottle in the pantry.  So, all the items for pizza making are now on the grocery list for later in the week.  Or next week.

I did manage to buy more chicken Parm prepared meals for husband.  He loved his cake.  Had difficulty choosing which of the four wedges of cake to eat first.  He went with Red Velvet.  I had Pumpkin Pie.

I finished up my November calendar.  I asked daughter to buy me a new one just like this one for my Christmas Present.  I have enjoyed finding and pasting art on the blocks and then going back and adding colored crayon or inked in designs.  I had all the finished calendars on the floor and will attempt- at the end of December to get a picture of them all.  I am going to need a tall ladder.

I did not read yesterday.  We watched Football.

Today I managed to corral myself into writing checks for the bills. Most difficult part--just getting started. Once I get going it's fine.  And then I walked out to the mailbox by the road-twice. I found more bills.  I was not in the "mood" to write my Christmas Cards today.  I'm not jolly.  But I did snag the christmas Stamps I wanted to match my cards on a visit to the library- I walked across the street and into the post office and it was quite empty.  I may have already written about the stamps.  Probably.  Not that much happens here.  Any excitement- it's in the books I am reading.

I had an idea for a short story today.  Even a title- The Runner. Woman comes to town to settle estate she has inherited from her great uncle as quickly, as quietly as possible..  But first she stops in to the police station- haven't figured out why- keys?- and the Police Chief takes one look at her and promptly drops to the floor, unconscious.  Everyone stands around until the ambulance arrives discussing the Chief's low blood pressure (??) and she makes a run for it.  It's not going to be a "serious" work of fiction.

No comments: