Tuesday, November 02, 2021

Daily Notes- November 2nd. Voting Day.


 I have this card nearby.  Because, we all need to be reminded that just being alive is pretty great.  And we should smile more and laugh out loud a few times a day.  

That's why I watch my Boston Sports talk show every afternoon (it's a radio show, primarily)-- so I can laugh.  Because these guys- all adult men-- are often more juvenile than adult. Yesterday they had a tape of Belichek saying it was "his fault and he takes the blame" and they recited different items that have occurred with the Patriots (or just ridiculous stuff) and then played the tape.  It's was pretty funny. And, like the quote up top-- we laughed a lot.

I watched some of the Chiefs/Giants game last night.  I wondered about the behavior.  It's seemed so VERY mean spirited.

Then I switched to a recorded program of the Chinese building a Winter Hotel and Sports/Skiing Resort in a big crumbling "full of water" hole in the Earth.  The recording began in 2012 and ended in 2018 or later. I hadn't meant to record it but I watched.  Impossible Builds.  The previous one I also accidentally recored was the tallest, thinnest skyscraper in New York City right in the middle of the city overlooking Central Park. I think I wrote about it a few weeks ago???  The program yesterday was...possible I guess because China has so many people and they are willing to still get down in a freezing cold mud filled hole in the Earth and do 20 hours of hard labor????  Day after day, year after year........

Today we are voting.  In person.  With masks on.  Like LIFE is NORMAL.  We have several weird referendums to vote on.  Where you vote No to say Yes.  Politics.  And...husband is in slow motion today...so we may be Voting and then rushing to the Dentist office.  Or Forgetting the voting and just rushing to the Dentist office.  It's noon.  He's still working on his breakfast.

I have been working on Fall Clean up of the plants etc. very slowly. Outside.  I worked on the compost bins yesterday. Tucked the overflowing squash plants back inside the compost bins.  To compost. They hardly bothered to make any squash.  There is a tomato plant still making tomatoes- I left that alone.  If I feel up to it after toothpick removal- I will gently pull the annual flowers from their containers and tuck them into the bins as well.  Sigh.  It looks like it will be raining by then.

No comments: