Monday, November 15, 2021

Daily Notes- Monday (no newspaper) November 15th


 I'm thinking about this.  Now is the new later.

The Chicken Soup turned out great.  Soup Noodles a problem as when I went into the closet- I found the one soup needle package nibbled open and over half of the dry noodles eaten- by the mouse.  Now...I am concerned that this is "another" mouse and not one of the "already caught and dead" mice.  The closet now seems icky.

My book on the Boys I've Loved.    Not as advertised but different and still very readable.  Girl loves the boy next door- they hang out all the time and have forever.  He falls in love with her older sister who leaves for college in Scotland (I don't know why) and kid sister sends all the letters in the mail.  One of the guys who gets a letter asks the girl to pretend to be his girlfriend (wants his ex to leave him alone). One of the most popular guys.  She is not.  It's complicated and interesting.

I've lost a button on my favorite buttoned cardigan. Just looked down and noticed.  Got to find a new one in the button jar.  Also a hole in the sweater next to where the button is missing.  A tragic mystery.

My friend is texting for us to come lift, carry, lift and then drive home with a large old heavy mahogany table and then try and carry it up stairs into the house...and then what??????  She will find someone else to take it.  She says two people can lift it. Not two 75 year old people.  I never could think where I would put it.

Grocery was intense today.  I managed to get more chicken dinners.  Even with the homemade soup- husband asked for chicken dinners.  So much for being happy about soup. I got him more cake. It's incredible that his blood work is always excellent..unless it's the meds he takes????

I also got a few items for the Holiday.  Pie crusts, whipped cream, pumpkin.  Green beans and French Fried Onions. Canned mushroom soup.  Sweet Potatoes.  I have gravy mix and Stove Top.  You can see it'll be a "real home cooked meal".  I'll buy an already cooked half turkey breast from the deli.  Mostly I like the vegetables, Stove Top and the gravy.  I don't eat the turkey.  This has been the usual for years now.

I'm still not sure about Christmas Eve Pierogi.  Don't have to make daughter's special ones she's on special diet.  Might not make ours.  Last year the making, cooking, standing nearly killed me.  My back was really knotted up. And my legs felt like lead.  I enjoy eating them for  a bunch of days after Christmas.  That I would miss.

Getting old is a tough nut.  Letting go of stuff.  Stuff you really enjoy.  sigh........

No comments: