Friday, November 19, 2021

Daily Notes- November 19th-


 So...things working today.  But got interrupted yesterday and didn't hit publish.  Another Mouse.

So you get two new posts today.  18 and 19.

This image reminds me of the Lincoln logs we had as children and the simple rectangular houses we built. We never did build a tall square based house.  I have a can of logs here somewhere.  I could try and build a little something. Square.

I am still on the fence as they say regarding  the "ornament" I want to make for the tree this year.  Felt I think.  A snowman with carrot nose or ...my daughter suggested a star.  I had wanted, years ago....to make stars from twigs.  Layered into shape with hot glue.  But then I realized they would be seen.  They would melt into the green of the tree and why have an invisible ornament?  So daughter is all for yellow felt stars.  I have a multitude of star shaped ornaments.  Sparkly.

We watched the Patriots play football in Atlanta.  We lived in and around Atlanta for the first 6 years of our married life.  So....a slight connection but I have never liked the Atlanta football team.  They are a mean spirited group no matter who their coach is.  Well, last night........we beat them.  And, while it wasn't the greatest game ever played.....we beat them.  And husband and I felt pretty good about it.

My oatmeal is ready -- the microwave dinged.  And I am hungry so I will end this post.  I might add something later or just wait for tomorrow.  The days go by.....nothing happening.  I imagine in the years ahead these two or three years will be called the "Lost Years" in more ways than just the COVID.  What's happening in Washington- well, who could have imagined it?????  And what if the Great American Experiment is actually ending?  It feels strange.  Husband I read parts of the news aloud to each other and then just look at each other......it's hard to believe.


No comments: