Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Daily Notes- April First

                                      

A friend texted to ask "do you have upholstery padding" with a photo of a kitchen chair.  I went up into the Magic Attic to see what I had.  I did have some.  And as I walked back- there was a roll of papers tied with cloth.  I brought it down.  Told G it was a "surprise" and I needed one.  Opened and unrolled the papers.

Black and white line drawings- tracings- of appliqué designs.  The majority of them fruit.  This is the Pomegranate.  I did not make a copy of the color chart.  But I did make a color copy for the finished quilt.  I didn't make a chart because I knew - just from the quick look this morning-  that I didn't like the colors the designer chose when I made the drawings.  But I have a reference of darks and lights. And with the numbers- I can see where the same color would be- whatever I choose.  If ever I make even one of these needle turn appliqué designs.  Been waiting over 20 years to be unrolled.

While in the Attic I watered the Salvia pots up in the bathtub.  One of the plants is almost 2 feet tall. They look very happy.

Today I will have one of the jars of Bean and Escarole Soup from the fridge. I had oatmeal this morning and a banana.  I am also thinking of baking sweet potato biscuits today and I am tempted to make that two day bread baked in a cast iron pot one of these days.  Forget its name.  I most likely will do neither.  My friend is making black bean and sweet potato burgers.  But she can't find the recipe.  I looked in my recipe box but only found sweet potato patties with her name on the card.

I did no reading yesterday.  I did no sewing.  But the day passed very fast as it has been doing since the 10 day mark (I am reminded I did the laundry).  Today I have bills to pay.  Checks to write.  Then a nice walk out to the road to put my mail in the box and raise the little red flag.

There is no traffic on my road.  We saw a few young adults on skateboards the other day.  No sounds of children playing (which we usually hear).  No airplanes passing overhead.  No sirens. No sounds of traffic at the end of the street (the road to Town).  The few birds in the yard are just sitting.

Entirely too quiet.  G had missed his haircut appointment early on in this three or more weeks.  I asked if he wanted me to cut his hair?  He said no.  He has a shaving tool with many additional attachments so it is possible for him to run it over his head and have a haircut similar to his son's. I believe he has done this in the past.  My hair was cut shorter than usual last time and is okay but tends to attain too much "volume" if left to it's own devises.  That could be a problem going forward.

No comments: