Thursday, April 16, 2020

Daily Notes-April 16th

                                                 

I have mentioned that about ten cloth collages are on the wall across from my place at the dining table. And that I look at them often.  Contemplating.  This particular one wasn't working so I took it down and removed a peach colored strip.  Then cut right down the center and turned one half  upside down and sewed them back together.  Then added green on the right edge.  Instead of a quarter inch. I turned one side under and appliquéd the edge.  More "organic".  Easier as well.

G had a doctor's appointment (wellness check) on the phone this morning.  Next time his doctor will attempt a video call.  Before the call we worked on a few things G could talk about- I wrote them down and he worked his way through all of them. The doctor would like him to be taking his blood pressure but he no longer has a machine for that here in the house.  They sent him home from hospital with one after open heart surgery a few years ago.  But it stopped working.  We can ask his heart doctor to prescribe a new machine?

My Walking Buddy (we no longer walk but do meet for coffee and a stroll around Town) dropped off a bag of books for me to read. And this morning reported that People Plus, an organization for folks over 65, had decided to place a little something outside their doors with books, sanitizer etc.  People had been mentioning how sad it was the library was closed and they had nothing to read.  My friend said if I had books to donate- she would swing by to pick up.  A very good idea to provide reading material. I'm sure one of the guys will be building something nice and sturdy. Goodwill always had a very good selection of books and now that Goodwill is closed- that source of reading material is gone and the library will not be re-opening any time soon.

I have stopped watching any televised messages etc by the Man Who Doesn't Know How To Be President.  I am feeling much happier.

I made spaghetti and meatballs yesterday and fried my eggplant.  I listened to Golden Rock and Roll from the 50's  and 60's.  There was dancing as I mixed and cooked.  So fine.

I don't have any of the thick Balsamic "drizzle" that restaurants use but I am thinking if I slowly reduce some Balsamic vinegar (I have lots of that) in a saucepan - I can achieve something thick and concentrated to drizzle over slices of eggplant stacked with fresh mozzarella and basil leaves. I'm going to search the pantry once more to see if a small bottle of "drizzle" isn't hiding in there.

I ran out of bread crumbs.  I had Stove Top.  So I buzzed it in the food processor and used it with added oregano.  The flavor is a bit strange but-- it's still okay.  Pandemic Pantry.

2 comments:

Deb Lacativa said...

How was the feast?

Liz A said...

"The Man Who Doesn't Know How To Be President" ... perfect ... much, much better than using his name ... and yes, I turn off the TV whenever his self-preening campaign appearances get replayed (press briefings they are not)

and the eggplant sounds ever so good ... yum!