Monday, April 27, 2020

Daily Notes- April 27th

                                  

Woke up to rain.  It will likely rain all day.  Which is good for the grass as the Trugreen guy was just here a few days ago doing a fertilizer treatment.  Rain is better than snow. In April.

I have been reading way too many time travel romances.  I woke up this morning from a dream about going to the postoffice and dropping a letter and a guy in chain mail picked it up for me. That got my attention. I was also reminded that in those days the men (especially in old France) were about 5 feet tall.  Not 6 foot 3 like in the books. But it was a shock just the same. Daughter is going to ask around to see if any of her bookish friends have any Jane Austin. For me.  I might need to start collecting books for the continuing Pandemic as it goes into the Summer months.

Breakfast and bill paying is over (plus a letter for Charlie) so now I have to think of something else to do.  Not gardening as it's cold and wet outside.  Not Dairy Queen as it's cold and wet.  Making soup sounds about right.  Husband finished off the eggplant yesterday for supper (!!!)  So.....all the leftovers are gone (one serving of meatballs in the freezer).  I don't think he will be interested in soup as he just finished the last jar of chicken soup the night before last.  I might just make another pot of Pantry Soup.  It's easy and I love it.  I can fry Chinese Pot Stickers for G today. Or we could have baked beans and grilled cheese sandwiches.

I sewed the two masks for my son and there was no swearing.  I stood with the supplies for a good amount of Time, after, to see if I had any desire to make more.  I did not.  There is something about the making that is far from calming to my inner self.  I think if I had a fellow sewer here......and I did the first half and the other sewer did the second half- well, that would be fine.  I like the cutting and folding etc.  The turned double quarter inch- not so much. Not on my machine.  I could feel the Bernina thinking about having an ugly hissy fit as I made the last turn and topstitch.  I pushed the power button to OFF..  I think the machine is wanting me to use matching colored threads and a variety of  bobbins with the same thread.  So, I could go insane. There is always this hesitation as I start sewing with plain white thread- like the machine is gagging.

The machine has been a good companion thru all the different things I have asked it to do like free motion with clear thread and metallics.  I think the things I am doing now are too boring.  Which might be why it fusses.  Also, I hardly sew much any more so it might be getting sticky from lack of attention and dust. I did oil it and the bobbin did fall out and it was days and days before I could get all the pieces back inside in the correct order.  Working blind.  With bifocals.

I may layer that small square cloth with batting and back and baste it on the kitchen island.  See how that goes.  I enjoy doing that.  Would always be the ONE to do the layer and baste for Charity Quilts.  Others would then quilt them.  Give them back so I could do the binding.  I can just imagine the old Quilting Group making masks in a production line.  That would be amazing. What will you do today?

No comments: