Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Daily Notes- April 14th

                                             

Thinking about an appliqué leaf on this one.  Not sure of where to put it.  So I left the paper pattern there on the left with a pin.  Added grape dyed cloth to the bottom and right.  Wrinkled.  I haven't been tempted- at all- to press with a hot iron. so...not like me.

I was out early- to the grocery (senior hours) so G could have yogurt with his breakfast (I actually do care about him).  No line.  They were still counting and hadn't reached 70 as yet.  I found boxed brownie mix.  Remembered to buy the eggplant.  Got ham, turkey and cheese for G.  Not the extremely thin stuff he likes- but as I told him, gently, he is going to have to "try new things" during this period of crisis.  If he refuses- I'll eat the ham and Swiss.  The turkey? no.

I got down on the floor (at the grocery) to pull all the oatmeal forward.  And bought one for myself.  The store was out of my usual Lipton teabags so I had to look and decide which "new" brand I would try out. Tetley.   "try new things" for me also.

I also purchased a 99.9% disinfectant spray (citron) in the METHOD brand that I like.  I sprayed and cleaned the sink, stove and counters.  Hardly any scent- which is why I like that brand.  Scent gives me a headache.  Migraine.

I remembered to buy an eggplant.  It is sliced and salted and in the fridge.  I also purchased some ground beef for meatballs.  DebL said I had to.  She Who Must Be Obeyed. Just joking.  She knows I love meatballs and marinara.

I made huge pot of chicken soup for G.  It was cold and dark yesterday.  He appreciated eating soup. Myself- I was reading and at around 9 or 10 pm realized I hadn't eaten much besides some cheese.  Wasn't hungry.

On the news they were talking about a vaccine for this virus and talked about the polio vaccines.  I am old enough to remember both of the ones they "tried out" on us in elementary school.  The liquid one and then the shot.  My brother was on the couch at home in those days- unable to walk.  So, that period of Time is pretty much etched in my mind.  He got better.  They are thinking of using the older versions of polio vaccine on this virus. Not the newer ones. They had a scientist explain the reasoning but it was after 10pm and I was too tired to follow the thread.

I have the right book to read this Time- actually Margaret.  Yesterday's was a fun read.  So, until it's Time to bread and fry the eggplant- I am going to do some laundry.  Have a good day, any of you visiting here.

1 comment:

deemallon said...

Love hearing about your grocery store adventures. Haven’t been to one since March 11. I need to remember to put oatmeal onto my list!