Sunday, April 19, 2020

Daily Notes- April 19th

                                        

One Jude Robe to stitch and one Robe to just wear.  In the linen closet- top shelf- Bark Cloth from the "Buying All Things Depression" Era.  I wouldn't sew things to the Bark Cloth. Just enjoy it as is. And (Dee) I did reject the linen sheet because I worried about difficulty hand sewing. But linen is easier than commercial tight weaves. But still, why buy trouble.

Fewer and fewer people coming to read the blog these days.  Half.  Yesterday I wrote email letters to friends and neighbors on my street and close by.  They replied right away- enjoying having a little chat and a laugh or two. I had wanted to send cards out for Easter but they were all gone by the time I went looking at the Hallmark selection at the grocery store.

 I spend some time each day on reading about what to cook when "blank" is all you have.  A feed I get on Sunday's had a few interesting ideas and today's Sunday paper had a wonderful chef who was open to people sending a list of what they had to cook with- and he gave them a recipe that he made up.  He has stopped doing this as he said it "used up his entire day".  Alton Brown has Quarantine Kitchen on U-tube if you are interested.  He is using what they have in the fridge.  Alton spends time smelling things in the fridge and deciding if he'll eat it or not.  He left his favorite scale on the center part of his stove- it's a griddle- and it was on.  Melted.  And he can never find tools in the junky drawer.  Just like home- and it is his home.

My bread was not perfect but it was still good enough to eat.  This morning I had toast with strawberry rhubarb jam. I also started the day with a long hot shower.  I smell good.  When I worked at the greenhouse for those ten years- coming home and taking a long hot shower was the highpoint of my days. Being clean (I got incredibly dirty at work).  Smelling good.  Which is odd because everything I use is unscented.  I might just be not smelling bad???

I used up the last of the Folger's Decaf and next up is the Store Brand.  I am apprehensive. But I was surprised that the store brand (all that was available) of diced canned tomatoes was way better than the name brands. Really nice color and flavor.  Best Pantry Soup Ever.  So far.

Well, those Confetti Cookies using an entire container of Sprinkles are not going to make themselves.
I made them around Valentine's Day for G after seeing them on DebL's blog.  Very very sweet.  Very. G wants them.

1 comment:

Paula, the quilter said...

I was cleaning/organizing my freezer (on the fridge) and found a partial bag of Rhodes frozen roll dough. I thawed it and combined the rolls into a loaf of cinnamon bread. It was quite good!