Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Daily Notes- April 21

                                        

Random things with a patchwork look to them.  The large bottle, drinks carton.  So many things are changing around here with the staying at home thing.  I'm thinking as we work our way into warmer weather --perhaps a daily afternoon cocktail out on the back steps should be added to the day's activities.  The front steps would be nicer but the front faces North and it will be months before its warm out there.  July.

The past few days I have been feeling tired and sleepy.  My eyes feel sticky and I have added gel drops to them but it hardly helps.  Second cup of coffee.

Summer Music Theater has cancelled the Season.  Refusing to refund season tickets.  Say they have "already spent the money".  Well, isn't that "too bad, so sad".  We should just "use as a deduction on our taxes".  I wrote them a very short and to the point letter.

We did take out last night for dinner.  And the Dairy Queen is open.  So, we are planning on ice cream today- even though it's 41 degrees. Three days of rain in our Future so today is the only possible day for ice cream.

I made the cookie dough (delicious raw) yesterday and will bake the cookies today.  Once baked, they hold little appeal to me.  But they are very carnival-like with all the Sprinkles.

My second cup of coffee.

I have no path to follow today.  Nothing urgently in need of doing.  No hand sewing calling to me. No load of washing to be done. Husband has found a new puzzle to do.  He can work in the yard today. Next three days will be cold and steady rain- or so the forecast says-so he will have to remain in the house.

Maine's Virus trajectory flattened and is now heading down slowly.  875 confirmed cases- 426 active right now, 414 have recovered (good news) and 35 have died.  I'd say we are doing a great job of staying away from each other.  But I might need to figure out how to order books on the internet.

Dr Fauci said he is amazed at how easily the virus is transferred by human to human contact.  He has never seen anything like it.  Now that is reason enough to stay at home.

1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

I hope you do figure out how to order books on the internet because I know you would enjoy The Giver of Stars by Jojo Moyes. Maybe your local library website has information abut linking to the state system. Mine did.