Sunday, April 26, 2020

Daily Notes- April- 26

                                     

Secondary Bookshelf for Reading as the Pandemic Continues (Braiding Sweetgrass is on another shelf with Wolf Hall and Bringing up the Bodies.. My son in California (who has been in quarantine for two weeks longer than Maine) says his employer does not expect they will return to the office until "sometime in June".  If Maine follows these guidelines- we will be sheltering in place well into July.  Articles in the Sunday paper assume we will not be opening hotels etc to Summer Tourists here in Maine this year.  Our major income source and Major Irritation. If Tourists come they have to self quarantine for two weeks or more upon arrival- no grocery shopping etc.  And No restaurants are open.  They will need to bring their own food, entertainment and toilet paper with them.  No beach walks. No boating. No crowding up the Main Street with their cars.

Maine- the Way Life Should Be.

Husband decided he was very interested in eating a large serving of my eggplant last evening after finishing work on the trailer.  And today he wants to eat the remaining eggplant.  Good Enough.  Saves me from having to cook. And, lets not talk about him actually eating a mostly vegetarian meal- okay???  I guess I was so startled that I forgot to eat dinner myself and woke up starving.  Well, not really.

And my hair?  It's way out of control and no matter how I try and press it down- it gets poofier each day.  And it's thick and curly and very very WHITE. (when it's very short- it doesn't look so WHITE)  Eventually it will have enough length so I can control it with clips.  I just need to buy some.  Clips.  I thought about trying to cut my own hair-- but realized that was just the craziest thing I have ever thought to do. I can also dig some "product" out of the cupboard and if I put enough in--- the poof will settle down.  Flatten the Poof.  I had wondered about my hair as I got older- thinking it would get thinner and less curly.  I was wrong.

My son texted me and was asking about the masks I said I was making and sending.  I forgot.
I feel just terrible about it.  I forgot.  So right after this I am going to cut out two masks for him and have them ready to mail at the post office tomorrow morning.  I just feel like the worst mother in the world right now. It will take most of today for me to try and get over that.

I tried to not mention food in the post today.  But the eggplant .......well.  I tried.

No comments: