Saturday, April 04, 2020

Daily Notes- April 4th

                                              

FOUND.  In a place I would never in a million years have looked for them.  But in the search for quarter inch (or any size) elastic I moved some object on a shelf and "what to my wondering eyes did appear?"  The box with STAMPS written on the side way, way in the back of a shelf of picture frames..  My DYE supplies were right next to the STAMP box.  Some letters are missing.  And number 2.  Unless I used the 5 upside down.  Sounds like something I would do.  But not sure how that works?

See my Riley stamp right below the big circle?  I still tear up when I think of him.  Moving on......

We (I) was up really late finishing up my book.  And then we were both up very late this morning. G is outside doing cleanup things.  I have been watching the same "make your own mask" video the entire time between breakfast and go into the Attic to try and find elastic.  I did not.  A friend in Florida is senting me a picture of her mask-- no elastic.  So, I am going to clear off the cutting board table and cut up some batik.  Leave a pocket where I can add some sort of "liner".

Daughter is now enforcing the mask rule.  She really does not want to become an orphan.

The weather has gone from dark gray and wet to sunshine and blue skies.  Husband is out picking up all the tree branches that fell during the rain and wind.  I think I might go out and pick dead things off the shrubbery.

And making plans for Easter or Spring cards for all the neighbors addressed with my stamps.

I really need to start rotating some PROTEINS into our diet.  We are eating way too many carbs.  I watched Alton Brown make rice on ...is it U-tube?  He also made chili-spiced saltine crackers on another episode.  AB has gotten quite annoying as the years have passed, but I could have gotten less interested as I got older.  But before we rotate in any proteins-- I have to send a search party into the freezer side of the fridge.......to find them.

1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Good for your daughter!
I know what you mean about the protein. I gravitate toward carbs these days too. I actually got a bag of Cheetos in my grocery order. Cheetos! Good grief.