Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Daily Notes- April 29

                                              

Layered that 23 inch square cloth and pinned it.  On the kitchen island top.  And then every time I walked past- I stopped, threaded a needle and quilted.  It was easy on my back standing up at sink level.  The cloth is a tight weave so it is, at times, a struggle to go up and down for two stitches so I mostly do one stitch at a time.

My grocery shopping was mostly good today.  I got there during Senior Hours from 7 to 9 am. I had most of my shopping done and then had to wait until the Pharmacy opened at 8am to see if my inhaler prescription was there.  It was.  I was tempted to do the happy dance.  No toilet paper but they did have "toilet wipes" which are flushable.  Safe for septic systems.  Just in case these shortages last into the Summer Months.

The frozen vegetables coolers were all empty.  Daughter shops those coolers for her lunches.  I got the last one of several items in other areas.  So, if I hadn't gone early- I would have been disappointed.  Meat coolers were empty but perhaps people came and "panic shopped" yesterday??? I wasn't tempted to buy any meat.  And the awesome supply of bread at my store? - not anymore.

Parts of the Maine economy are set to "open" in June or July.  Just a few things and under the same rules as the grocery stores.  And masks.  On everyone.  Summer day camps for children (outdoors).  Golf.  But  six feet apart. Boating.  Drive ins for food.  Not inside. Take out for mixed drinks???? but you have to order food as well.  Nothing regarding the library re-opening.  But that is not so much of an issue now that the weather is warming up.  Husband can be outside doing "projects" and not feeling bored in the house.  And pretty soon we will be mowing the lawn every week for hours at a time. A friend of daughter has offered to let me borrow his complete set of Jane Austin.  I deferred until we see how it goes in June. But the offer sounds delightful.  This same guy friend came and helped us shovel the driveway in January.  Snow.

I am going to order a few yards of compost to be delivered.  Fill up my raised beds with it.  The fertilizer refills from Garden Box company have not arrived- will be four weeks on Friday.  So...I may have to grown everything down in the raised beds.  I've done it before but that was years ago. And I was younger back then.  Ha! And I could breath in hot weather.

Television is beginning to bore me to death.  I have been watched a Southern Cooking show on PBS- last night I finally watched episode one- Grits.  Or cooked grains eaten in the morning with unmentionable kinds of meats on top. Now, I have lived in the South and I have eaten my share of grits...but never with these things on top.  I like grits with my breakfast eggs.  I liked grits with the breakfast eggs and bacon our friend Leonard (rest his Soul) used to make us when we visited in Florida or North Carolina.  I baked scratch biscuits.  And made soup. And ironed everyone's clothing.

2 comments:

Amelia Quilter said...

Those wipes say safe for flushing but the sewer system operators here say do not do it.
I don't think it would be great for septic tanks either. May want to call someone
in your area and ask first.

Life Scraps and Patches said...

So happy your inhaler was there!