Sunday, January 01, 2023

Field Notes- Sunday, January first 2023. The Sun is shining here in Maine at 51 degrees. And you though Global Warming wasn't real!


 I saved this image in the file for this morning.  A year of new beginnings.

I began the day by sleeping too long and then taking a lovely long shower.  Wearing fresh baggy clothes. The odd thing here is...some of these baggy clothes were NOT baggy last winter.

Husband ran out of jelly this morning.  Fig and Grape.  I checked all the usual cupboards.  Nothing.  I then checked all the unusual cupboards.....cause you know....things get misplaced.  Nothing.  On the list for grocery tomorrow.

I wasn't actually sleeping this late.  I was thinking.  I was thinking about the book I started reading yesterday.  It had a warning inside on the left hand side of page one. The book contains depictions of death, depression, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts.  Twice in a Lifetime.  A second chance I am thinking.

I have never seen such a warning on the left hand page of a book of fiction.  I read the last page.  I'm good to go.  But I doubt this book will be easy to read.  I am reminded of Fresh Water For Flowers.  I am reminded of the child growing up with a motorcycle gang of meth dealers.  That was a difficult book. But I was glad I dug my way thru both of them.  I don't know how it will go with this new book.  I may wait and switch out to a rom com for the first day of 2023.

I am listening to the music my husband has playing quietly in the background.  American Indian chants/songs.  Not like the ones for that one Football Stadium.  That I find offensive.

I have the new Wall Appointment Calendar up and running.  Marked with January appointments. Dentist. Haircuts etc etc.  Reminding me to call and make new appointments for eye exams.  I am being clear as to which calendar this is.....not the Desk Top Calendar under the Keyboard.  That is still December.  I think it will be December under the keyboard for awhile....maybe forever. I never enter Target or Staples.

Traditions can change.  I can let go of it.  My tooth aches a bit.  Something is wrong with it. I am trying to ignore it.  The Sunday Real Estate section had an 8.5 million dollar house on page one.  Recently sold.  Husband noted in pen- "we missed out on this one".  It's a BEAUTY.  I mean, really.  What a gorgeous house.  Possibly on acres of land in the middle of nowhere. Ocean view for sure.  Next Life.  Joanne.

2 comments:

Deb Lacativa said...

Trigger Warnings in books. It's not even a topic of discussion in book groups anymore. People actually preface FB comments with TWs.
You can imagine what I think of it.

Joanne S said...

Wow........this is new info for me but...just wow.