Friday, January 27, 2023

Field Notes- Friday January 27th- Feels really cold in the house.


 Buddhist Monk's Hands.

Very cold this morning and our land line phone doesn't work.  Here in Maine cell phones are iffy.  Now, I guess the land line is also.  I was trying to call in a refill of a prescription.  

This simple task stressed husband out to his maximum limits.  He couldn't figure out how to make a call on his cell phone. It's things like this that really put my Life in sharp focus........and I don't like what I see.

So.....prescription is called in.  House phones (land line) not working.........

I have black beans which have soaked overnight. And need to be rinsed and "washed" and then I can start cooking.  I forgot to write down how long to cook......damn.

Everything else is on the card but that.......

Well. Perhaps husband is not the only one here who no longer should be in a household setting unsupervised.  If he had just made the call...he would have done fine- but having to do it and thinking about it.- he didn't have thinking processes to do it. As a reflex, he would have been fine.  An example: if he just goes out and starts the snow blower or lawn mower everything is fine.  If he thinks about it..he can't figure it out.  

I imagine myself sitting in front of my sewing machine not understanding how it works.  Where do I turn it on.  I do it by rote so many times......but to stop and think...that's where the memory issues show up.

No comments: