Friday, January 06, 2023

Field Notes- Friday- January 6th. SNOWING!!!! I can still see the green grass but if it keeps coming down, I won't.


 I was considering buying new Down Pillows.  King sized.  $330 each- plus. And I decided NOT to buy any.  The old ones are just fine.  I could just put two in one pillow case. Eventually.

The down comforters are in good shape.  There's one in the Magic Attic that is for below zero room temps. A Maine Woods Cabin with heat from a fireplace.  We used it in the first years we lived here in Maine.  When we still had Weak Blood.  Now we have Maine Blood and we get too warm...I know...weird.  I had both feet outside the covers last night.  With the regular Down---- I was feeling "too warm".  Not a hot flash- I never went thru menopause.  Never had a hot flash or night sweats.  Skipped me genetically. Daughter got double. Like my mother. Hysterectomy helped me.  No menopause from it either.

Watched Celebrity ..can't think of the name- where they have questions  History for 100.  Jeopardy.  Looks weird.  Anyway last night was weird.  I think the middle contestant couldn't buzz and then talk. I got the Final Answer.  None of the others.  It's not a game I would be good at...too fast.  I am not fast.

The Oil Truck came today.  Filled the tank.  Then backed out. It's an angled drive.  Starts midway along the front of the property and then up along the dropoff at an angle up to the garage. Long drive.  I think it was because the first owners didn't want to bring in fill to level off the property on that side of the house so they spent money on asphalt instead.. The regular oil guys pull in backwards so they can come down the drive and turn left into the street. Today's guy had to back out, go right, find a spot to pull in and turn and then drive out..and down the street. He'll learn.

Still snowing- tiny beads of snow.  The driveway, sidewalks and street are still black asphalt. The green grass of yesterday is now white.  I have a 2 hour dentist appointment next week.  EEEEK.

No comments: