Sunday, January 29, 2023

Field Notes- Chilly in the House. Yesterday outside in the 40's. Wreath's down, Dog Visit.


 Might have been here already.  I am trying to clean out the file of pictures.  They are so small that I can't identify them.  Some have titles which helps. I have wanted chairs covered in patchwork for eons.

My Black Bean soup experiment went into the compost pile.  I hope the visiting squirrels and birds enjoy it.  The beans refused to get soft.......and I wasn't excited about eating "sort of" crunchy beans.

Today is Pizza.  I planned ahead.  The ball of Beer Dough is softening and warming up.  We'll have it during or near the end of the Bengals game.  The betting line is even.  so. Depends on who does the best job I guess or who makes the mistake...... 

I am out of Wine.  I have plenty of Whine.

I am reading - for the third or fourth time--Mr Wrong Number. Author is Painter.  I have to stop by the local bookstore and order a copy ....... the guy has just figured out who MissDial is.  I really love this book.  The woman is such a Hot Mess.  I have a hundred or more pages to go before she gets her heart broken.  His too.  I actually like the books where a happy ending is so far from what might happen......the Emma Project was heartbreaking toward the end.  So, what I am saying is...I like a book that makes me cry.  Three books on my stack are going back unread...... I was choosing with the Library prompt of 'if you liked.....you might like....." I think it's 30 to 40 percent accurate. Need a better algorithm.

I did a load of clothes yesterday  and folded them this morning.  Clean undies.

The Christmas Wreaths on the front porch are now down and stored. with help of Twin's Dad....while that was happening the Twin's Dog was visiting me in the house.  He was by the back door and I opened it and he came in. His owner was shocked. "Fenway never goes in people's houses".  Well, he did.  And he walked the entire house going into every room. He spent time sniffing the carpet Riley used to sleep on.  The Twin's dad said they are thinking of getting another......same breeder. So that will be fun.  Fenway was ADORABLE in his first year.  We also found out that the ice skating pond in the front yard (Twins House) has lights embedded in the ice.  G and I have to go down at night to see.......

The boys have a ton of energy......so the night time hockey.......is a great thing...for the parents.

No comments: