Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Field Notes- Tuesday, January 10 Sunshine. A notification from Xfinity that my account IS closed. A new bill in the mail.


 I woke up to discover my Dentist appointment is Tomorrow.

I woke up to discover my neck rash has returned.

I woke up to discover that my Xfinity Account left me a note in an email that my account had been cancelled.  TV and internet.  And in the postal mail a new Xfinity bill.  I called their help number.  They wanted my Social Security Number.  I said no.  I said Agent.  Wanting to talk to a human.  Wasn't going to happen. EVER. I even yelled really really LOUD.  Felt GOOD.  Felt GREAT.

I'll keep typing and watching TV until they shut me down, I guess.  My bill is $30 higher.  Than last month. I haven't had my breakfast or coffee yet...so not in the best frame of mind.  I yelled on the phone.  "Real Person".  Over and over.  But got nowhere without giving up the last four digits of my social security number.  Wasn't happening.  They had the two digits of my street address. Good enough.

I am now going to eat my stone cold oatmeal.  Read the fine print to discover why my bill is now $30 higher.  Dentist is TOMOROW.  My new desk top calendar is LAST YEARS calendar so the dates are one off. Not that I care. I draw all over it anyway.  What a Day so far....................

We got our tax statements from Social Security.  We do pretty good.  Very good.  I get the basic amount but husband always had well paid employment and he waited two years to collect so he got the most he could get.  So...that was nice.  I think we were supposed to get an increase this year but I'm sure the Republican House will try very hard to invalidate the increase.  Old retired people VOTE.  All the time. Every election. Not the best move the new House Speaker could be making right off the bat.  Just saying............

4 comments:

Kim Carney said...

I can't wait until they start messing around with Medicare then the MAGA crowd will figure out what they have really gotten themselves into by crawling into bed with the republican clowns!

Kim Carney said...

Okay, maybe I should just call for this ... I still might.

My D-I-L canceled their cable and insist I do the same (xfinity). She gets my emails and sees how much my bill is! it is not cheap.

So they got Ziply internet, she says the service is much better and she pays around $70 a month.

Then they bought Roku boxes, I think they run 50-70 and they use Roku to access their channels, Disney, Amazon (we share), Netflix, etc. She insist this is the way to go and I am going to try it.

The only thing I think is that I will lose my landline because I get it via xfinity for free.

Anonymous said...

well, I think Ziply might be just a PNW thing ;(
but maybe your daughter might know of internet service besides xfinity?

Joanne S said...

This is Maine. We still have power lines OVER HEAD on telephone poles.
The idiots can't see how things might go better in STORMS if the lines were buried underground.
But 1.25 million people in the ENTIRE STATE so....we got nothing here. Just old dying sick trees.
And old dying Republicans.