Monday, January 30, 2023

Field Notes- Monday, January 30th. Early. Sunshine. But cold.


 Morning Exit into the yard.   Chickens are interesting. (not my chickens)

The Bengals lost.  There was a point where they had a chance.....but the 49ers are nasty.  I only watched the game because of the Bengals.  I find the War Chant to be hugely offensive and usually change the channel as soon as I hear it........I often wonder what the Indian Nation thinks...

My Master Gardener friend Patty came to visit yesterday afternoon.  She wore her mask while in the house with us.  We talked, laughed and discussed things.  Husband showed her all his coloring pages.  She hadn't been in the house since COVID began. Years.  Asked me where all my furniture went.......asked why I didn't buy new stuff.  I think I don't buy new because I don't think I will be living here much longer.....people keep asking and my feeling now is the getting rid of things is the start of the "Long Goodbye" as old people call it.  It sort of snuck up on me.........but it makes sense.

Patty also told me to throw my heavily mended sweater in the garbage can.  That comment is for DebL who also thinks I should do that.  I told Patty that I never wear the sweater out in public unless I am wearing something (raincoat or winter coat) over it.  No one sees it.  Unless they come into my house.

Patty brought me a half dozen red roses and two donuts. She always brings gifts.  G and I had the donuts as dessert after we had Football Pizza which was very very good.  Sunday Pizza just keeps getting better......the donuts- from a gas station- were also very very good.

As soon as husband finishes his breakfast we are going to the grocery store.  Our list is long. We are out of so many things.  The fridge looks empty.  I needed a larger grocery piece of paper for the list this week. I usually just have a post it note.  Not this week.  Husband polished off his soup and his chicken dinners. I  have my fingers crossed that there are some dinners in the cooler case when we get there.  I can make soup when we get home but I will buy more chicken thighs and bag and freeze them..... get carrots, onion and celery.....noodles.  I am also buying salt free bullion cubes.  I am having trouble with salt.  It tastes too "much" to me these days.......I even buy 60% less salt potato chips.  Hard to find. so not having chips as often or not at all.   Cherries are supposed to be on sale today.  I like pitting them and adding to my yogurt.

Well, now that you are updated on my shopping list.....I have nothing more to write...We are up way too early even though I had the impression that I had slept late.

No comments: