Wednesday, January 04, 2023

Field Notes- Wednesday, January 4th. Clouds, Chill in the Air. Silence.


 From the image file.  Parmesan Cheese.

When we used to drive into Portland, Maine- highway driving at speeds that made my heart beat too fast- we shopped at Whole Foods and Trader Joe's.  Trader Joe's is more my speed but Whole Foods is...so so good.  They very rarely had cherry pie in the bakery.  But when they did- I bought one. I loved the fruit and vegetable bins......I rarely bought meat at either place.  At TJ's I stocked up on Bran Flakes until they changed the recipe.  Then we stopped driving down to Portland.

The image reminds me of the wedges of Parm I bought. Pieces of the rind still in the freezer.

It's cold and dark.  Winter.  I might have to move the thermostat up to 65.  I have on a sweater and my strange scarf/shawl.  But my hands are freezing.

I made husband a fresh pot of chicken soup yesterday around 4 pm and he waited to eat dinner until it was done.  Last year at this Time I was dumping uneaten jars of soup into the compost pile- he refused to eat soup. Now he's eating it. 

He is complaining that there is a puzzle piece missing from the new in the sealed box puzzle.  He does this with every puzzle.  Decides at some point there is a piece missing and instead of putting the pieces he has together he searches for a missing piece. I used to get involved.  Now I just go along and say that's terrible etc......My daughter will say this is a symptom.  Not that finding a symptom is going to change anything for the better.

I went up to the second floor at the Library to see the puzzles we can check out.  The steps were too much ...going up. so I took the elevator down.  Next time- elevator both ways.  The steps are granite and are not the universal number of standard inches.  Just a bit higher.  But it's enough to make the going rough on my lungs. And my right leg.  Damages from a 1970 car accident.  A gift that keeps on giving- more and more as I get older.  I have to hold on to something if I step up using the right leg.  It wants to let go.  The Weak Link.

1 comment:

Kim Carney said...

puzzle pieces = vacuum bag ... LOL