Monday, January 16, 2023

Field Notes- Monday, January 16th. Snow, Ice, Wind And 8am Dentist Appointment.


 So.  Husband set the alarm for my dental appointment at 8am.  But alarm didn't got off (or he never actually set it) and I woke up at 7:50.  Got dressed quickly and we got into the car and I made it in Time. 8am or pretty close. Husband went back home to eat breakfast.  

Here it is 11:24 and my tooth is still numb.  What happened was a clean out and then a filling in the cracked molar.  I wasn't nervous.  He's a very very good Dentist.  No pain.

We were going to do Library after Dentist but they were closed.  So We moved on to Grocery.  I got Groceries  but the Prescription Section was...off line and the "machine isn't working".........so we'll make a plan to got to the Grocery Pharmacy and Library tomorrow.  Not a great day to be out on the roads. Slippery.  Wet snow.  And the plows aren't actually doing much good.  I am thinking they are doing highways right now.  I had breakfast went me got back home.

Daughter called and is not going into work so no need for the Parental Units (as she calls us) to worry about her on the road or in a ditch......it's happened.  Husband has had to go out to rescue her.  Once very late and in the snow covered DARK because a deer ran into the side of her car and she drove off into the ditch.  Husband got her out.  There was blood on the car- so the deer was injured- they looked for it for awhile.........both are soft hearted. About animals.

Yesterday I made Football Pizza  and we watched the Buffalo/Dolphins game.  Something happened to the Dolphins and their coach seemed confused (vaping) and that was that........  We moved onto the Bengals game but after 30 minutes (not even) we just gave up.......what a MESS.  I finished my book and we went to bed.

So, I have a book to read as the numbing wears off......Husband has tons of new desserts for Coffee later in the evening....he has Chicken Soup or Chicken Parm.  I am not sure what I will feel like eating once the numbing goes away.......possibly nothing but hot sweet tea.  And a NAP.

I was very very BRAVE.  I am Proud of Myself.  Joanne


1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

If you had stayed with that Bengals game you would have seen quite the touchdown run in the beginning of the 4th quarter. The longest fumble return in postseason NFL history.