Sunday, January 08, 2023

Field Notes- Sunday, January 8th. Sunshine. Snow on the ground. 26 degrees. 55% humidity.


 This is Lamb Stew- something I would NEVER eat.  But let's pretend it's Beef Stew then I  would eat it. You can guess the size of things by comparing whatever to the size of the peas.  I didn't have Beef Stew yesterday.  I had pancakes (4) and syrup.  

I did work on the freezer yesterday.  And the fridge.  Getting rid of a some stuff.  I am making Chicken Soup today.  It was like pulling teeth to get him to actually SAY he wanted SOUP.

The Editorial Page of our Sunday paper had about five hilarious cartoons on the behavior of people voting for House Speaker.  And this is SAYING SOMETHING as Maine is a Republican State.  We have Susan the Traitor Collins here in Maine. She says one thing and votes another way.  We aren't forgiving her for the Supreme Court anytime soon. 

How I came to be living in a Red State is bewildering to me.  But then I was born in a Red State.  Ohio. Then lived in Georgia, Florida, Illinois and now Maine. It's like Fate had other plans for me.  I have never voted for a Republican.  EVER.  I'd like that to be in the funeral notice in the newspaper when I die.

There are Football Games today.  I didn't thaw out pizza dough.  So no Football Pizza. Might have pancakes again.  I will be making Soup for the husband.  He's fooling around with the compost pile.  It's frozen solid.  It's a wonder to me.....how he processes information.  NOT!!!  It's frozen solid.

1 comment:

Kim Carney said...

even red states need a few NORMAL - LEFT - THINKING people living in them!