Thursday, January 05, 2023

Field Notes- January 5th. Cold here in Maine, Wet with a solid chance of ICE.


 Oatmeal Bread... I actually don't think I have EVER made oatmeal bread (and then oatmeal bread toast). I should give it a trial run. Find a recipe. I have the GIGANTIC  King Arthur Baking Book.  I bet they have a recipe.

It's cold in the house.  Like COLD.  Like there is a chill along the back of my neck.  The front porch thermometer reads 40.  Always.  So I know it's incorrect. The indoor outdoor monitor reads 32.  

I watched the House Run itself into the ground for a second day.  Did you all realize that the Speaker of the House is third- President, Vice President and then Speaker.  This should be a SERIOUS CHOICE not the JOKE the Republicans are making it.  And Santos LIED that he had been sworn in and VOTED.  He had NOT been sworn in.  Wow....... The Gift that keeps on Giving.

No Law and Order.  And I am full up on Hallmark so........I tried to read my book, but even though it's very good, I lost interest.  I might sew things together.  Like Grace and Jude are doing.  Not that I actually like what they are making.....too jumbled up.  I am Virgo watch me color co-ordinate.......

Daughter dropped off my new desk calendar- all white and smooth under the keyboard as I type. I already wrote on it in the lower right corner box-  A Dutch Baby recipe.  Monika and I used to order that for dessert in German Restaurants.  It came with fruit and whipped cream I think. Maybe ice cream. Or just fruit..  You pour the mixture into a hot pan and tuck it in the oven until it rises and puffs up......

The image on the blog...it unearthed a memory.  If I make one- I'll take a picture of it.  Joanne.

No comments: