Thursday, April 01, 2021

Daily Notes- April Fool's Day- Cold with Rain


 March's calendar.  Rolled and put away.  Different but still very interesting to look at.  The Month began with snow and storms.  And eventually- well past the first week- the images started being more artistic.

This month, April, I will try to do more actual drawing.  And I just now recalled that my pencils are actually watercolor pencils.  So the addition of water will make the drawings more painterly.  The paper is sturdy enough for a bit of wet.  I have January here- folded into a rectangle.  I hadn't gotten into the magazine art and colored pen and crayon until February.  Now...well, nothing is actually off the table- so to speak..art wise.  Even double wide days.  I like that day when I am looking directly at you.  One eye. More self portraits??

Yesterday we were out cleaning up the center island bed out back behind the deck.  And today- it's cold wet and dark.  A good day to take a long nap.

I climbed the stairs to the Attics and watered daughter's potted plants.  I also looked for plant info sheets and class packages and books for her to use in her landscaping work.  And, more likely, in her very well landscaped yard.  Another home has sold in her gentrified neighborhood.  For high money.  Her own lot would be just for the lot.  Her house would be knocked down.  Something modern built there. Well, modern bungalow.  Very popular now.

I have seven books waiting for me at the library for pickup.  I need to buy fruit tree fertilizer spikes for my trees and the grapes and the blueberries.  What I fed the blueberries last year was great- but the birds or chipmunks ate all the berries.  Dormant spray for the fruit trees as well.

The mommy goat at the Farm where daughter's employer lives- twin baby girl goats. Born early this week. Everyone is enchanted with them.  Already.

No comments: