Thursday, April 15, 2021

Daily Notes- Weather report suggest snow tomorrow and power outages.


 I have some of my favorite buttons in this jar which I can tell was last used at Christmas.  And that is my little avatar.  Nasty Old Woman. I just wish she had red frames on the glasses.

I went into the Magic Attic yesterday and got lost up there.  Looking for black on white or white on black. I found some stuff that I hadn't seen in years.  It was like reunion week.  I didn't do any happy dancing but mostly I was like- why haven't I noticed you before....????  That happens at reunions.

After that thrill....I was re-organizing the pantry cupboard.  And writing expiration dates on cans with Sharpie Marker.  In case my son visits in the next few years.  He checks my expiration dates.  And guess what- one of the shelves decided to give up the job.  Just quit.  And all the cans were rolling on the floor. It was quite exciting.  I had to wait till husband was done gardening before the shelf could be repaired. Everything is okay now.  The most heavy items are on the bottom- now.  All have dates on them- the red kidney beans have expired.  I have them on the sink countertop.  I was going to look and see if the date was merely a "suggestion" or was absolute. March 2020.  I could have made chili.  I should have paid attention at the start of the pandemic.  If the shelf had given way then and not now.

Putting dates on the canned goods- I really don't look.  It's just for the boy.

My book is very interesting.  I had to stop reading yesterday due to dry eyes.  Tired eyes.  I was doing too much reading and so I tried to find something to watch on TV.  Some Curling.  That was okay. Then I watched something else which I can't remember at all.  So it wasn't all that memorable. Oh- Finding Your Roots on PBS.  The woman's past relatives were Spanish royalty and the other guy- all his people arrived on the Mayflower.  It filled an hour of my time and then I went to bed.

Husband is just getting back from his hearing appointment.  His Lucky Day.  The Hearing Aid company lost his hearing aids- sent in for repair.  Signed receipt.  So.....he arrived home with brand new hearing aids- free of charge- and they actually work.   The Hearing Tech said she was pretty stern with the company.  Not letting them off.  Signed receipt an all.  So, husband is pretty darned happy.





3 comments:

Susan Sawatzky said...

I wonder if you will notice a difference in husband's attention now that he has hearing aids that apparently work?

beverly said...

Your canned beans would have been ok to use.
Here is a link
https://www.usda.gov/media/blog/2014/08/19/save-money-knowing-when-food-safe

You should write a book and I was laughing at Susan's comment as I thought the same thing.

Liz A said...

buttons ... I wish I could come up with something to do with them that's worth doing