Thursday, April 22, 2021

Daily Notes- Post number 3488?


Earth Day, I think? 

A Patio Garden.  Using pots.  Using Garden boxes (the rectangular boxes on the ground to the right of the suntanning bench.  More than a dozen of them. (15)  I use Garden Boxes and love them- the best part is the soil is re-usable year after year as it's not really "soil".   It's inert matter and by sifting the organic matter- roots etc out at the end of the garden season and storing the dry "soil" (I use 30 gallon garbage cans with lids) you have soil for a lifetime.   You add a packet of fertilizer each year.  Then- just water, wait and grow.

You've seen the boxes on my driveway.  The last time I had pictures here- Riley was supervising the watering. Not as much fun on my own. And last year we only filled half the boxes.  

But I am really loving seeing all of them in this article photo--I might just fill all of mine.  This year.

My herb seeds down in the fenced garden have germinated and I see evidence of infant dill and cilantro.  The larger plants- marigolds are slower to get going.  My rhubarb plants are up about 3 inches.  Lovely mix of green and pink.  I need to email Patty and see if her rhubarb is ready to pull. You pull rhubarb - no cutting.  Patty's rhubarb plant is massive.

Weather here is alternating by the minute it seems- from sun to clouds to rain.  We slept late today and just now eating breakfast- (11:30) and I am starving.  So, a short post. Breakfast and then a load of wash.  And then I'll check and see if my seedlings need water.  Earth Day.  Compost something.

1 comment:

Deb Lacativa said...

It looks and sounds beautiful. Almost summer. Here, everyone's sprouts died in the night from freezing. Glad I didn't start the flowers yet.