Friday, April 30, 2021

Daily Notes- April 30th- Still Raining


 We might have seen this kitchen already but I don't remember it.  so...here it is.  But black slate tile on floors.  No wall ovens. 

The carpenter arrived.  Yesterday afternoon.  He's not really excited about the roof drip edge project but won't pass it on to anyone else. I asked... for numbers for the other guys.  He's in a tough place I think.  No fancy truck.  And we found out that construction materials have tripled in price since we last had work done. He said materials alone have caused customers to back out of kitchen remodels. What once was $30 a sheet in now $90.  Even I know that leaves very little room for profit.

My kitchen may never become reality.  Even with Stimulus checks. And guess what?  I don't really care.

We ate actual food at the correct times yesterday.  It felt pretty normal.  But not for long.

I have been selecting five colored pencils for each of husband's mandala drawings in his coloring books. And the end result has been startlingly awesome.  I tried telling him he didn't need ten full sets of pencils- all out at the same time.  Now with the five pencil limit- and if the mandala is detailed- seven pencils- he is doing so much better and is quite proud of his finished work. Actually, they look quite lovely.

It's a poor artist who blames his tools.

The lights are on.  It's quite dark and damp outside.  Good weather for growing grass.  And choosing six pens for the next mandala.  Now...I will read.  Finish the book. And if that fails to occupy me- I will return all the cloth on the ottoman to the Small Cloth Closet and.........or do it the other way round- put the cloth away and then read the book.  yes...that's the way I will roll today.  Put the cloth away.

No comments: