Saturday, April 10, 2021

Daily Notes- Time to put away the sweaters


 The back bed- up against the back wall of the house.  The white daffodils began as a new house gift from husband's brother- 20 bulbs.  I have divided and transplanted the initial 20 many many many times.  They are in every bed and even in the vegetable garden.  You can barely see them...but I planted miniature daffodils in yellow glimpsed in the lowest left edge of the picture.  I have hyacinth bulbs in every color but the deep blues are my favorites.  That bare branch shrub is a hydrangea that has never produced a flower.   If it ever does- they are dark, inky blue.  

Temperature yesterday and today- mid to high 50's but perhaps into the 60's today.  No rain. Little snow over the Winter. Very Dry. Drought Conditions for the third (fourth) year in a row.  I am thinking. Global Warming.  Heat. No Rain. I am giving up on the grass already.

I planted that hydrangea (the leggy brown sticks to the mid left in the photo) over the outgoing septic line. thinking that all the hot water from showers etc would warm the ground to a zone 6.  It hasn't.  The plant makes abundant leaves but never a flower bud. I wait each year to see.....but am forever disappointed.

I didn't read again yesterday.  It wasn't my best day.

I did carry the watering can down to the fenced garden yestrday- repeatedly- considering it a "walk".  I moistened the beds in the herb garden that I seeded.  And gave the pruned grapes water.  I have two French watering cans- but one- even with many repairs--still leaks.  Most of the water gone by the time I get down into the garden. So just one can.  The balance is better with two. Which is true of everything.

No comments: