Thursday, April 29, 2021

Daily Notes- A Good Soaking Rain Overnight and More to Come


 The newly built (by husband) Fig Container.  It has short legs at the bottom for drainage.  One of us needs to crawl into the crawl space under the house for paint so the box matches the house. We are seeing how long each of us can "out wait" the other.  Personally-- I can wait forever.

Husband must be reading the blog- he had a grilled sandwich for lunch. Yesterday.

I have not read the remainder of my book.  It sits there waiting.  And I just don't pick it up.  And I have three books waiting.  And I need to get a list together of books to order.  I think perhaps my eyes are tired. I know I am tired.  I have bills to pay today.  I have things to photocopy.  I have WORK to do.

The house lights are on.  It's dark in here. The poor transplanted Avocado is suffering.  Failing to Thrive in its new pot.  Droopy.  Husband says it possibly didn't have enough root mass.  For the size of the top of the plant.  I think he is right.  Every morning I give the plant a bit of a pep talk.  And one day it actually seemed to work and the leaves lifted quite a bit.  Then went back down.  Perhaps a few cloudy days will give it time to generate the will to live???

My seedlings must be happy down in the fenced garden.  Nice and damp.  And the rhubarb.  I won't have to carry water down there for a few days.  Which is nice. And perhaps the rhubarb with increase in height???  A Gardener can always hope.  It's what we do.


No comments: