Friday, May 01, 2020

Daily Notes- May First- 7 weeks.

                                       

Sad Ball.  No one is playing.  I found this on the shelf with all my food containers.  How it got there and how long it's been there- well, I have no idea.  But a few minutes ago I noticed it and took it's picture.  I've always enjoyed the stitching on baseballs.  Would look nice on a cloth with a heavy seam. And it's that good kind of red-  the kind I like.

Husband got an email from the Garden Patch Company in Louisiana.  They shipped my fertilizer order and Fed Ex should deliver it on Monday.  Or, by Monday.  Great News!!!!!  I can move ahead on plans for growing tomatoes, peppers and some cucumbers in the 12 boxes I have- on the driveway again this Summer. The flowers and herb seedlings in the little milk bottle greenhouses will go into the raised bed garden (they need less tending) and I can look at them from the back porch.  Go down there when it's not too hot or humid. Having the vegetables down there was going to be really difficult for me to do.  Too hot and too far from the house if I have trouble breathing. You know- a medical emergency. Cause that's what I am afraid of having.

Now I have to read the info to discover which kind of lime product the boxes need.  The company is very specific.  So I need to write it down and then call into work (old work) and make an order for curbside pickup. If they carry the kind I need.

The morning's Science Experiment.  The "wipes" did NOT dissolve as the package says- I left them in cold tap water in a container for an hour.  They got soft and mushy but they didn't dissolve.  And they did clump up to a nice enough volume to get stuck in a regular copper plumbing pipe- I had that available for the Science Work also.  I decided I would be the one using them (not husband) and I would not flush used ones.  Enough said.

It's raining today and feels colder than it actually is- because it's so dark outside.  I have the house lights on. The driveway is full of puddles.  The dog would have enjoyed that- loved drinking driveway water.  I thought that and typed it without crying.  Which feels different and good.

I keep thinking I want to bake a dessert. That seems to be what all the internet feeds are suggesting I do.  Bake a cake or a pie. The only pie I want is rhubarb and there isn't any yet. I did bake cookies for husband and he has been forgetting to eat them.  Well, he remembers to eat supper way too late to have dessert.  Me? I actually want New York style cheesecake but not enough to actually make one.

There I go again.  I wrote about food.  Dee says I write about food more often than even she does.
I worked a bit on hand quilting my square.  It's hard work.  The cloth is not "easy" as my friend Grace would describe it.  And my stitches aren't neat and even.  But........no one is ever going to see it. And I refuse to machine quilt it.  I had one more of the Kurland books to read.  One I don't like.  So I will be moving on to another author.  And I need to dig around in the cabinet.  There is another author I like very much- and I don't see the books.  So another mystery to be solved.

3 comments:

deemallon said...

Just to be clear- I mentioned your food writing as one of many reasons I enjoy coming here. I agree about the baseball. A good red. We live near where little league teams play. I’ve collected probably sixty balls over the years. In the scrub. In the weeds. My favorites are the ones already coming apart.

Joanne S said...

I knew that Dee- we both like cooking good food.

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Oh, my goodness, I miss baseball. MLB, of course. And those minor league games where kids have a great chance of getting a foul ball. Youth rec league. I miss it all.