Wednesday, May 06, 2020

Daily Notes- May 6th

                                           

All that is left.  Now the bread is no longer "crusty" but will make excellent toast.  And the crumb is moist and so my husband was interested in eating a slice or two.

Today is my grocery shopping day.  The only day in a week of days.  Even if I have forgotten something- I do not go again.  I "make do" with what I have.  Which makes meals interesting.

Today:  They had toilet paper (for septic systems).  Oatmeal in the big box, old fashioned brand I like. There were still bags of three kinds of flour on the shelf.  They had yeast- it was fast pizza yeast- but I make pizza dough so I got some. They had bagels in the kinds my husband likes.   They had a two pound bag of organic beets. (I love roasted beets).  They had bunches of very fresh collard greens for $2.49 and after watching "Greens" on PBS, I just was so much wanting collard greens cooked down with a piece of smoked meat. I ate a handful of raw collard greens and swooned -sort of leafy cabbage flavor.  So happy that one of the little greenhouse jugs on the back porch contains little collard seedlings. A lot of little seedlings.

And just before I was given clearance to move forward to checkout #2, there was a very messy "cleanup on checkout #7"- a woman dropped a glass bottle of something very dark and sticky. My total came out so much lower than usual.   I am getting better at this.

Yesterday.  We spent quite a bit of Time backtracking all the places my husband had been- and where he might have left/lost his car keys.  We checked pockets many times.  Eventually- I was still searching, he found me and asked just how many times he had checked his pant pocket for the keys? I said about 20 times. Keys were in his pant pocket all the time. I guess I have to turn his pockets out next time.

We now have garden chairs down from the Garage Attic and ready for sitting and just looking at the grass and the woods.  We do that quite a bit.  It will seem strange to do it without Riley.  But life goes on.

My friend Patty (she's from Boston and uses the F-word as an adverb and adjective continuously- and  as a proper noun) is stopped by today to drop off the f**king chairs that need  f**king new padding and fabric coverings. I believe she is also bringing alcoholic beverages.  Should be a lovely visit.  A f**king lovely visit.  And that was a f**king messy cleanup in aisle two.  I'm just getting myself up to speed here.  

1 comment:

Deb Lacativa said...

You're cracking me up. Next time, make G jump up and down and listen for the jingling.