Thursday, May 07, 2020

Daily Notes- May 7th

                                     

A box of things my husband dug out of the back of the closet where the hatch is to the crawlspace under the house.  He had to replace the smoke alarm.  I couldn't hear it giving off that annoying little beep but his new hearing aids picked it up and the sound was driving him crazy- kept saying "did you hear that?"  "no".

So---I now have a box of opened and half used things to walk around.  All of them look interesting. Two kinds of floor cleaner,  bleach,  liquid starch and washing soda.  And cleanser- -the only container making an interesting statement visually.  There was some sort of crafty thing to do with liquid starch.  Don't remember what.

I  now have two very long and heavy rolls of Decorator Fabric down from the Attic.  I think- I was going to make curtains.  To match wallpaper.  And I was going to line them. During my "Insane Time Period" I would imagine. My Friend Patty took a look at the beige and floral rose printed fabric and said yes..... to me covering her chair seats with it.  I could also make some pillow covers. -(but I won't).  I am now going to have to look for my brand new- never used electric staple gun.  Purchased, I think in the "Insane Time Period" also.  I felt I needed an electric staple gun.

I washed the white liner fabric-  heavy, tight weave.  Useless to me.  When Goodwill opens I'll donate it unless a Reader wants it????  Cotton but I can mail a sample if anyone is interested and wants to make sure it's cotton. But perhaps it could be stretched (like canvas) and painted? with Acrylics.

Like I need another project.

I walked down to the fenced garden to water the little calendula seedlings.  They have decided NOT to wilt and then die which is very good news.  I set them out with a weather report of cool/cloudy/rain  in the forecast and we got sunny and dry instead--not a good combo with baby seedlings..  I need to sift more compost and fill the remaining herb garden squares.  At least do that.  At least do that. Not sure if it will happen.

I had to go to the grocery again this morning (under duress).  I hadn't counted husband's yogurt supplies and he was short three days.  Not good.. so I went this morning- after we drove to daughter's house as she was positive she had forgotten to lock her house door.  She was right.  And then I went into grocery to buy three individual servings of candy yogurt flips.  Because........

1 comment:

Liz A said...

supposedly you can use liquid starch to attach cloth to walls, then take it down in the future without damaging the paint (good for renters I suppose)

I bought some ages ago and just recently used it for the first time ... I cut out colorful Eric Carle pictures from an old children's bed sheet and collaged the images to our front sidewalk ... they survived several rain storms before the wind started to pick up the edges and peel them away from the cement