Sunday, May 10, 2020

Daily Notes- May 10th- Happy Mother's Day

                                     

Brought this from the sewing room with a small pile of cloth that might become borders..  The hand quilting project is too hard.  The cloth too stiff. I will need to unsew what I have done and re-think.  I might just add more borders to it. Or just leave it alone. So I looked for something soft to sew but something not needing "thinking" as I am not doing well with thinking right now.  Yesterday I covered my head and just sat on the couch in the dark.  I had invented a sore throat etc and was talking myself into being "sick" but was feeling okay about still be able to smell and taste (Fritos).

We had ice cream for supper last night.  Each of us had a pint.  And I just didn't give a damn about good nutrition.

The neighbor across the street had a visit with her daughter.  Parked cars in the driveway.  On the phone. Talking- I think the daughter brought food.  Take out so they might have been eating in the cars as well.

I talked on the phone with my son in California about all sorts of things this morning.  He said the masks I sent him actually changed the way he was "'going" and now he feels more comfortable going out for a walk, ordering take out and waiting for it.  He has a mask. I was on the edge of tears because I should have sent him one sooner.

I asked if he was taking advantage of the freeways being empty to drive his sports car.  He said no one in California is allowed to drive further than 5 miles from home.  The highway is more than five miles from where he lives.  So he walks. Here in Maine driving the highway without traffic is one of the Virus Perks. As long as we don't cross into Other States. Might not get back into Maine. Our borders are closed.

There was a ball of Portland Pie Beer pizza dough in the freezer-  So, Pizza Sunday.

G is outside- and it's cold.  He is finishing up the sidewalk he started two days ago.  Taking all the bricks up, weeding, flattening the surface and re laying the bricks.  There is sun today but I hardly thing it's warm.

I changed the bedsheets and was reading a blog post and comments when I realized the washer had clicked off.  It had done the entire wash cycle without my constant worry and attention.  I gave the machine my heartfelt gratitude.  For deciding NOT to flood the floor with cold water.  It could have gone either way.  I just had this heart stopping moment when the machine clicked off.  Totally checked out.  So "not the usual way" for me.  Spaced out.  King Arthur Blog today- Foccacia.  going to make it tomorrow.

No comments: