Saturday, May 16, 2020

Daily Notes- May 16- Nine Weeks

                                  

What will we remember of this Time?  Will it ever end?

I'm sort of thinking it will be this way for a very very long Time.

My daughter came to pick up edging strips.  She cut the back of my hair.  It feels good.  She also carried the big heavy Fig tree out of the vestibule and onto the back deck (all by herself).  We watered it.  It's a cool and cloudy day- nothing too stressful for the Fig's first day back outside. Yesterday she brought a grocery bag full of yogurts from Walmart.  My fridge is packed with yogurt.  I asked her-- gently-- to STOP.  Walmart has the 8 ounce Noosa honey flavor.  I like it. My grocery does not carry that flavor.  Yet another grocery is the only one selling the 1 percent milk I drink.  Milk without the protein that gives me acid reflux. I do without 1% and drink 2%.  Not going to three places.  Only one.  Closest one.  My lipids will suffer the extra 1%.

Cloth.  I was drawn to two blogs because of the way the authors of the blogs were using, making and working with cloth.  I enjoyed the conversation, lessons and seeing the creative use of materials.    But Life and Time changes things and people.  Always has and always will.  I am wondering what new Path in cloth I will find and explore next?  How I will use the cloth I have eco-printed and dyed with natural materials?  Will I use these techniques to work with paper, paint, collage?  Will I find a way to make etchings?  Make another collage book?  Make an article of clothing? Finally make a series of House blocks.  I brought SKY fabric down from the Magic Attic.  For the House Project. But size is what I am thinking about now-  what size will the house squares be? Or do they need to be rectangles to accommodate the peaked roof line?

I have seen artists working through the Pandemic. Seen how their work has changed.  Wondering where mine might venture?  New paths.  But carrying the old as well.  We'll see- you and I.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i thought your collage book was sensational!

Mo Crow said...

love your elephant!