Thursday, May 21, 2020

Daily Notes- May 21

                                    

In the Sewing Room up in the Attic.  It was  designed to be the sewing room for the second owner of this house.  Lovely wall of shelving.  Skylight.  No heat.  No view.  I chose not to use.  But it is where  things are stored. Out of season clothing. Children's Lego Sets.  Artificial flowers (I used to make huge displays for the library) and that discount/salvage place always had an abundance of artificial and very large flowers for very little money.  I went up to see if the second wire and bead flower was up there.  It wasn't. But I did find the Setacolor.  And one bottle is Indigo.  I am going to make a Moon.  And surround it with little thread stars.......... just to see what it feels like to make that kind of  Handstories cloth.

I watched videos of people who paint fabric (with Setacolor) for a living.  Mickey Lawler.  I also watched  Jan Mullen and loved watching her rule breaking ways.  Then the selection on the right side go Y-tube gave me Setacolor videos and the use of "bleeding tissue paper".  Hopefully, the Sun will stay out and be hot enough to set the color for an indigo moon.  Here in Maine, it is going to be very very cold into June. I may never get to wear my summer clothing.

I looked and looked at those 2 inch squares.  And decided that I will slice them randomly and then sew them back together with a thin slice of something else (something that has no reason on Earth to be inserted there in the cut).  It isn't important or necessary that they are squares.  That is a step off..... It isn't necessary that they be squares and also that they line up.  I was this way once.  Wayward with rules.  But.......I don't know what happened but now- if I come up against a rule -- I am breaking it.

NOT outside the house.  I remain true to the lockdown outside the house. Venturing out only one day of the week for an hour.  I do have an appointment to get my hair cut on Monday so depending on how much Time the haircut takes- I might visit my old workplace nearby and buy some plants for my planters.  Some pretty flowers.  My friend gave me leek seedlings yesterday- I gave her a slice of pie.
I stayed in the house and left her pie on the porch.  We smiled and waved at each other then had a long chat on the phone.   As for the groceries- I will just make do with what we already have here in the fridge and house.  It will be fine.  Getting a haircut is a lovely treat.

G and I talked about the additions of compost to the raised bed garden.  Logistics of where the compost would be dumped, how (who) would shovel it into the wheelbarrows), how we would move heavy barrows down a steep hill to the narrow aisles in the garden etc.  G is already having so much back and leg pain.  My lungs limit how much I can do in a day. He stubbornly believes he "can do it" and I try and reason with him.  The end result will be 3 cubic yards of good compost blocking one door to the garage all summer and into 2021 and taking up the space where my boxes usually sit.  So that will be a problem as well.  He is a very stubborn man.  Worse as he gets old.

I told him I am not being critical or placing blame.  I am just seeing the reality of the two of us going forward.  And...would we even plant anything down there?????  What do they call it- Reality Check?

No comments: