Friday, May 29, 2020

Daily Notes- May 29th

                                         

French Lilac.  The deepest purple.  Planted in the Fenced Garden and forgotten. But not this year.  This year I have Time to Remember.   This year I walked down- while the second Rhubarb Pie was baking- to cut a few- three-- stems for the kitchen island.  The flowers are smaller than the ubiquitous lilacs we see more often and very fragrant.   My daughter says there is one next to an ocean cottage that is a very large TREE.  Perhaps I planted mine out in the garden so it could grow into a very large tree?

I looked at my small cloth of two inch squares on the wall behind the ironing board yesterday.  I gathered a few larger (but not by much) pieces of cloth to see "how it might go".  That is something my friend Grace says.  Most did "not go".  So I went looking.  I climbed the stairs into the Magic Attic.

I was way back in the corners by the walls of the Attic- I hardly ever go back there as the containers there do not hold anything of interest-Ha!!!  I opened one- from top to bottom - full of plain lovely cloth perfect for dye-works-old linen tablecloths etc.  I pulled it out and now have the container front and center.  Can't get lost. The Magic Attic suggests that I spend time with that cloth.

So, I came back down the stairs and took the cloth off the wall behind the ironing board.  To add to it until it is a large square.  Large enough square.  And work on that.  But first I need to find some pale yellow and seashore blue. Perhaps in the bag of rolled up linen shirts in the closet.  That square wants pale yellow and blue.  It's what I was considering when I started sewing squares together. Summer. Some of the blues already sewn into the cloth- are blues I hand painted.  So, I might do that as well. Paint. Cloth.  The softest watery sun shining blues I can mix.  Today. Tomorrow.  And possibly some of the sun paint in indigo spotted on top.  I need the palest of pinks- sunrise.

No comments: