Friday, May 08, 2020

Daily Notes- May 8th

                                   
                                      

Let's try this AGAIN.  The image keeps disappearing.  This is paper.  Meant to sit under a hot object so the hotness of it doesn't disturb a wooden surface and make a mark.  Spellcheck doesn't want to spell the name of this item.  I purchased four of these 8 inch rolled paper squares because I liked the graphic look of them. I think the maker used newspapers and magazine pages to make them in India or a nearby country. They have been on the blog before.  Were meant to be professionally framed under  glass years ago.  I went to work at the greenhouse.  Where dirt and sweat  became my Life.   Having Art framed wasn't even considered.  Now- it isn't possible (virus), but can be remembered.

I was looking for an image this morning- found this and was thinking as I sit here eating my second breakfast (it's 9am and going to be "that" kind of day)-- these square things could be made of cloth. Scraps folded and wrapped.   Would take thought.  How to do it so it still was Cloth.

Snow coming.  Do we wrap the Peach Trees?  Huge job.  Still tight buds- not showing color as yet.  Hoses are out (early for us)- could hose the trees off if they get coated with snow or ice.  That might be better.  No way to know.  Peaches or no Peaches? that is the question.  Grapes are slow- not budded so no worries there.

Bright red Cardinal visiting.  Rare for us to see one.  Daughter has families of them returning each year.  In Town- warmer.   But still dangerous.  She found a handful of red feathers- went looking for the body so it could be thoughtfully buried. Hawks.  I see them overhead.  Scanning.

I continue to meander thru my days.  Some cloth, some cooking, some reading, some BBC animal shows.  G likes them.  My attention wanders.  I can't seem to focus on project work.  I can't focus on good meaty books. (Wolf Hall)  Only fluffy stuff.  I do still check on my seeds.  Watching them germinate and grow.  I do have things to cook so I think I will roast beets (eat them cold with mozzarella, olive oil and Balsamic vinegar)  and cook collards.  Make a pan of cornbread.  Perhaps bake the sweet  potatoes?  What will husband eat????  I can offer to fry him a pan of Chinese dumplings.

My eyes are dry and sticky.  I am applying the gel drops.  I think the house air is drier than usual.  Windows would have been opened in any other May.  This one is cold. Is the Virus temperature sensitive?  Well, I have to just begin with something and then just push thru.  Start on Patty's chair seats.  Remove the old.  Start layering on the new.  Do the removal outside.  Nasty dust.

I was up in the Attic (the one over the garage)- and found the wonderful old chair my dad worked on. Doing the springs.  He kept all the old vinyl upholstery and I carried it all down to the garbage.  And then thought- Dad saved this so I would have a PATTERN for the new upholstery.  So today I need dig the pieces OUT and neatly fold and label them.  He saved me patterns. Thanks, Dad.  Love you.