Monday, May 25, 2020

Daily Notes- May 25th

                                             

Onions.  A Pandemic Necessity.  Most of my recipes begin with an onion.  Most soups.  These aren't mine- I liked the photo so I am using it here.  Food 52 I think is the source.  Bon Appetite stopped posting early on.  Or they still do and I can't tell- so many advertisements.

I had a very nice shower this morning.  7 am.  I was up early.  For no reason.  Here it is noon and I've had breakfast twice.  Just had toast.  We are overcast and chilly today-might rain.  I took the opportunity to get the petunia tray outside for some brighter than usual light.  Not sun.  That would fry them. I keep checking to make sure- no Sun. I am also going to need to feed the plants.  Mix up something nice for them to drink.

Daughter is texting from the Town across the bridge (and ocean water) from my Town. They opened EVERYTHING.  Eat In Restaurants, Goodwill, JoAnn's, Reny's.  If it sells stuff it's open.  Masks required in two out of three but 6 feet apart is being observed.  Library in that Town also open for curbside pick up.  Our library- not.  Our Town- not.  Virus will still get to us.

Close enough that our people driving over there will bring Virus Cooties home with them.  Alabama is enjoying record spikes in Virus cases after a week of being OPEN FOR BUSINESS-running out of hospital beds.. They'll be begging for ventilators by Friday.   Such misery.    Was it worth it?

Daughter got one book in the Clan of the Cave Bear series for G and one of the adventure books he likes.  So that is wonderful  We'll let them both air out for 72 hours.  She said the donation drop off line of cars at the Goodwill was very very long.

I'm reading the last paperback.  I might have to start over and read them all again if this goes on into August.-- but a few hardbacks still on shelf....... My son is working from home in California until August.  He may work from home the rest of his Life.  Most software companies aren't anxious to open their buildings back up.  Well. I guess I will be working from Home as well, huh?

Well, Daughter- who I send out on all important recon missions--- has found 24 ounce glass jars of Bavarian Sauerkraut at a store that sells socks, hunting jackets, shoes and tee shirts.  I wanted some in the pantry in case it is hard to find in December. For Christmas Food.  Right now there is ZERO on grocery store shelves.  I am paying attention to shelves that remain empty.

No comments: