Saturday, May 02, 2020

Daily Notes- May 2nd

                                       

You would have thought I was five years old and Santa Claus had pulled into the driveway.  A Fed Ex truck.  In my driveway. Not any of the neighbor's.  And then a box full of fertilizer.  Sigh.  So happy.  Three days early.

Very tired yesterday.  Very.  So I went to bed early and...the flip side of that is waking up really early. But the Sun is out and it's stopped raining- until tomorrow and the next few days when it will be raining again.

Our daily paper is really thin- two sections- so I decided, instead of recycling it,- I would put the paper thru the shredder for compost.  I am getting my groceries in paper bags and shredding those as well.  Plastic bags are also offered but I don't need any.  I stopped lining my counter top compost kettle with plastic and now just wash the kettle out after taking the contents to the compost pile. I am very serious about compost and need as much dry, brown as I can make.  Newspaper, shredded mail and grocery bags.  I could easily use double or triple what I make.  I have often thought of going thru the neighbor's recycle bins for paper.  I might just put a note in a few mailboxes to see if anyone wants to donate paper to the cause.  And coffee grounds.  Used ones.  Worms love coffee, cardboard and paper. But I won't be finding any of that ( coffee grounds in bulk) until the coffee shops are open again.

Daughter had yesterday off- pouring rain and cold- but today they (3 people) are spreading 10 cubic yards of mulch around a property up for sale.  To make it look lovely.  Ten cubic yards is a lot of mulch and it rained- so it will be heavy.  A good full body Cross Fit style workout.

We are going to drive into Town and see if the Chinese restaurant is ACTUALLY open again and order take out.  G has been wanting Hot and Sour Soup.   The local drive in restaurants and Dairy Queen- all curbside or eat in the car- are open and had good turnout when we drove thru Town to see what was happening.  I haven't tried to book an appointment for my hair yet.

A brewery owner up in ski country (Maine) said some bad words about the shut down and opened his place up to customers who didn't stand 6 feet apart etc.  Governor called and told him if it didn't stop...... his health and liquor licenses were toast. His business is now closed.  It's going to be that way. Like it or not.

I am wondering what it will be like if this ever ends?  If.  That's the key word.

No comments: