Friday, November 08, 2019

Daily Notes- November 8

                                    

Well. this is as far as I have gone with the piece.  I took it all apart and removed all the fabric that was not pink. Sewed it back into a rectangle.  Now I am considering the onion over dyed yellow linen.  It has a silky finish to it now-that linen.  And I wonder if I want to use it here or save it for something in the Future?  This is Me.  I save what I think is wonder filled and use what is not.  If this was something I touched everyday- then yes. But if it's something that is folded into a drawer- then no.  So Purpose.  A thing needs Purpose.

I have made a few fundamental changes in my "SAVING" of things.  My antique print handkerchieves are now found in every one of my pockets.  It's a real Joy to reach into a pocket and find something lovely to blow my nose into.  That was a huge concession on my part.  But I tried it with one.  And after many months of being in my pocket- it was none the worse.  Oh, it had been laundered in that Time.  It was that part that worried me- the stress of laundry on the old fabric. No one makes and sells thin, soft printed hankies any more.  Plastic wrapped packs of folded Kleenex is the way to go now.  Printed with little designs.

Yesterday I decided to keep giving Riley the Amoxicillin.  It seems to be doing something and the two days not giving- something was lost in his well being.  And I trust the advice of one Vet over another.  This new Vet- I don't like him and he seems uninterested in anything besides his ultrasound machine.  My trusted Vet is away all of November.  Riley has developed a nervous type yip. It just comes out of him.  He is even surprised by it. We go day by day but other than the yipping- he is peeing and pooping and sleeping.  And walking in front of me now, not behind as he does when he is feeling weak.  Some pulling.  But he has always wanted to be out front. So--all that is good.

I am nearly finished with my book.  I am still not certain of the outcome.

I have made necessary changes to my diet to limit my exposure to Fats & Cholesterol.  I usually eat mostly plants, beans and grains.  But now I have fat free milk and coffee creamer.  I can't find a good tasting low fat yogurt so I still eat Noosa.  But not as many.  And I have oatmeal for breakfast now that's it's getting cold.  The puddles on the street where I walk Riley are now frozen. Snow later today.

I am now having to wear a reflective vest on the walks after 4pm.  One of my neighbors nearly ran us down last night (6 pm).  Car just kept coming directly at us and we were not even on the road.  Lives next door.  So at 10 pm I wore the vest.  We need to put one on Riley as well.  Vest, Halter, Leash.  He is annoyed with each new item.  I am Coat, Hat, Vest, Shoes, Gloves, Poop Bags, Hankie. I will need add Boots soon.

That's it for today.  Finish my book, walk the dog 3 more times today.  Make G a pot of chicken soup.
I have a little carton of instant red miso soup to try out.  I like red miso.  And there are brown rice ramen noodles in the carton as well.  I made broth once (failed to write it down on a recipe card) and it was a very slow simmered bone broth of chicken and ginger and turmeric.  I ate it will rice noodles. Very soothing.  But I would have liked it better minus the chicken.  Anyone know of a healing broth with ginger and turmeric root that does not need animal protein?

1 comment:

Annie said...

I was concerned about you walking after dark, can't believe you are doing that....dangerous!! even with reflective vests. Are you using a flashlight too, if not how can you see where you are going, there is apt to be a hole or large rock, or just dangerous footing? I'm worried about a fall. Maybe you have street lights, that would help some, I don't in my neighborhood, I wouldn't dream of going out after dark! Just concerned and looking out for you, take care.

Annie