Friday, November 29, 2019

Daily Notes- November 29

                                                

Today, the day after Thanksgiving, was the day for moving furniture.  G and Daughter carried things to and fro and around the Town and now my living room side (of an L-shaped room) is quite empty and I am liking that more than I thought. We have the dining section set up for the computer desk and the tv and the tv couch.  A FORMAL dining room was never anything we wanted.  This might change when the family room/kitchen gets blown up and remodeled.  But not in Winter.

I will LOVE it when it's all white.  Not the antiqued yellow I painted it so long ago for a New Year's Eve party.   Yes!!! I painted this entire large room all by myself with a faux distressed French Farmhouse vibe.  First paint and then the distressing.  In 1999- soon to be 2000, this was the very thing to do.

Now I just want everything WHITE.  And dark hardwood floors. New very high baseboards.  And the black Italian slate tile in the halls. My rugs are hooked.  In all the colors.  Very Americana.  They stay. I am trying to imagine what sort of furniture I will buy.  It will have to be chair height as G and I could never get up and out of the low slung Nordic stuff I really like.

G is exhausted.  But the furniture is in one of the three new places that adopted it all, the three wreaths are down from the attic and hung on the porch.  You get a picture of him since facial recognition would have a tough job identifying him.  And Yes, that is a BIG chair.  Called a Chair and a Half.  Just shy of loveseat size but still a chair and there were two of them.  The denim on the top half faded quite a bit and that is odd as the room it's always been in faces north. Daughter also took a side table on the way out. Those chairs are HEAVY!!!  Daughter has ALWAYS wanted the chairs.

I forgot to make the Brussels Sprouts for yesterday's dinner.  Forehead SLAP!!!  Entirely forgot until I had seated myself and looked at my plate.  I checked my list-- not on it.  So, in a few minutes, I'll prep my Sprouts and get them into the oven- with a sprinkle of Connie's favorite spice mix.  I had saved some for Thanksgiving.

Well, those Brussels Sprouts won't roast themselves.

PS. When I reminded the Carpenter of the baseboards, I'll also ask if he could build a bookcase in the wall behind the tv couch.  See how that goes over.

2 comments:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

It's begun! Soon your home will look more like you want it. Congratulations to you for getting this part in motion.

MariMo said...

Your picture of exhausted G really made me smile.