Wednesday, November 06, 2019

Daily Notes- November 6

                                                 

This is very large- double bed sized wide but not as long.  I had seen a small image of this man in a travel magazine.  I think it was a carving on a wall or some other thing. Not Egyptian.  But I liked it.  I drew it without a light projector and then cut it out of whole cloth and appliquéd it to the green background. Perhaps if it had been more of a bronze color?  It just doesn't present strongly.  I have considered cutting it up into segments.  The arm with the three men.  The monkey by himself.  But the major problem of color and contrast would still exit.  Any ideas?  I am not against removing the figure from the background or appliquéing other fabric over the dark green.  It's fully quilted with binding.  Make an interesting lap robe.

The arm under the monkey goes further to the left and holds a ring.  The original image had no feet.

I loved the idea of the monkey. And the three men standing on the arm.  Wish I had done a better job with fabric choices.

Riley walked last night as far as the Twins house and had some water out of their deep puddle.  We went out at 10 pm and it was very dark and quiet.  Riley sniffed the air and located the places the deer had walked.  He peed.  He was steady on his feet and the leash was slack the entire time.  Three days ago he was dragging me around.  Pulling with great strength.  He still has no appetite but did take his evening pills and the morning ones plus the chewable Baytril.  We go for an ultrasound at 3pm.

I took apart that patchwork from yesterday's post.  Took about 20 minutes.  For some reason I was sewing with that clear nylon thread.  I used to use that when quilting.  Matched everything and didn't show.  Bobbin was white cotton.  Didn't want to change the thread I guess.  Connie likes the purple.  Going to send it off to her.  There's more in the Attic.  I never did like purple.

I have three library books to read.  Hard to concentrate on little words on a page.  I keep looking at Riley to make sure he's breathing.  That's a rough way to be living right now.  Can't concentrate on much else. But....truly, it would be the gentlest way for him to go. To just take a nap here at home watching me type and wake up in Heaven. He's awake and giving me that "what's the matter with you?" look.  I told him I was just being ..... me.  And he went back to his nap.

1 comment:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

Our old lab died watching cartoons with the kids. We had no idea her time was near.