Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Daily Notes- November 13

                                          

This is a small piece- maybe 8 inches square- hand sewn .  I was giving that stripe a bit of an audition with the pink circles fabric before thinking about adding another border to the larger piece I showed a few days ago.  I was using a fragment of the pink circles fabric which is why the pieces are odd shapes.  I may do things this way from now on.  It wasn't easy.  Riley and I were watching Law and Order.  Well, he watched for awhile and then fell asleep.  All four feet up under his nose.

Big- HUGE- news on the Riley front for all you Readers who are fans of the dog.  He ate a can of dog food.  Actually he ate it as I was spooning it into his bowl.  Tried eating it out of the can itself. It was gone in seconds.  We were very quiet and waited for him to throw up.  He's great at throwing up.  But it all stayed inside him.

He's refused the FreshPet (chicken) and the prescription food from the Vet (also chicken).  This was beef with whitefish.  Really stinky.  He loved it.  Roadkill.  G is going to an appointment for his back pain and then will stop and buy a few more cans.  He has to be starving.  He ate the other can of food G bought- also beef--- for breakfast this morning.  Bowl is so clean it doesn't need washing.

In other news G ate two pieces of the Apple Cake.  He said he wanted to eat a third piece.  Instead of the larger pan asked for in the directions- I used a nine inch square pan.  So the cake is taller.  And I used all the thin sliced apples instead of just the 2 cups in the recipe. So...closer to 2.5.  I think of recipe cards as just suggestions.  Not rules.  And what was I going to do with those extra apple slices?

This morning's walk with Riley was sunny and -take your pick-- either zero degrees or 11.  I got my Irish wool sweater (a Goodwill find for $8) out and a turtleneck and I am warm-enough.  My right index finger was stiff and swollen this morning and very painful. I rubbed Arnica gel into it and waited. It's now feeling fine.  That would be the worst finger for me to not be able to use. Perhaps too much hand sewing?  Damn.


3 comments:

Amelia Quilter said...

Glad to hear that Riley is eating again! One less worry for you.

It was 45 here on Amelia Island this morning and I am freezing. Yesterday we experienced a 32 degree temperature change. At 11:45 a.m. it was 82 degrees and at 9:00 p.m., it was 50!!

Stay warm and give Riley a hug for me.

Diane

Anonymous said...

You go, Riley! Hope he continues to do well on the food he likes.

Annie

me-ml said...

yea Riley !!!! -just don’t breathe on me! =)
share your applecake recipe?