Saturday, November 16, 2019

Daily Notes- November 16

                                         

An Attic visit looking for striped fabric that would play well with the dotted fabric (in many color ways).  This was the only stripe that had orange in it.  Perhaps I should let go of the matchy matchy vibe and just go with a solid yellow?  No.  That's not me.   I am the quilter accused by my Quilt chapter as using really LOUD fabrics and I should learn to tone it down.  Well, they complained about everything I did-- which served it's purpose- it liven up meetings.  And I continued to learn things.  I asked and they showed me how to miter seams, make binding strips- I taught them hand appliqué which was very Civil War.   It worked.  And I always brought something extravagant (food) to All Day Quilt Saturday's and Pot Luck.  I liked them. Even the crabby ones were delightful. I miss them but meetings are held in a place where my driving skills are inadequate- evenings in the dark.

Riley was excellent yesterday and today he has decided to spit out his pills and not eat the canned food.  I am not proud of myself but I yelled at him and swore a bit.  Then I swept the floor really vigorously.  He was very good on this morning's walk.  After that he became obstinate.

I really don't have the energy or strength to do this without breaking down into tears.  So, I swept the floor and Riley is making a good effort not to make eye contact.  I am reminded that this is exactly what I went thru with my son.  The head butting that never got anywhere with him.  He would starve to death rather than give in.  And he was only two or three years old.  He marched to his very own drummer even then- and still does now.

G is no help- he says- just ignore him (the dog).   But then G has always just ignored me when he didn't want to listen.

So......... I am either going to pack a bag and run away from home (no where to go) or read a book or just hide in my sewing room for the entire day.  In any event- I will NOT be dealing with the dog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i really like the two fabrics together..
but that’s why they make all those flavors of ice cream (wink!)

how was your field day? find anything?